Rider foot peg lowering options for LC

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Boxercup

Rider foot peg lowering options for LC

Post by Boxercup »

Advice and feedback on options greatly appreciated  ....
I would like to lower the rider footpegs on my 18my LC as on longer rides my legs get that scrunched up feeling.  I did try Wunderlich kit on my 14my LC but that was a complete disaster.  The brake pedal is not adjustable on the LC so the pedal remained about 35mm above the pedal and was really awkward to use.  Since these early days, I believe Wunderlich kit comes with some sort of bracket to fix this issue.  Does it fix the problem?
Are there any other options that I should consider?  Higher seat is not viable.
TIA
Littlebriar
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Rider foot peg lowering options for LC

Post by Littlebriar »

Don't know where you live but a good system which is US based is suburban-machinery. I have a set installed. High quality product.
Steve
T6pilot

Post by T6pilot »

Ilium works makes a adjustable brake lever for 14 and up RTs
Suburban makes the best lowering brackets for pegs, I know as I bought the other brand!!

Jim
Jim
Boxercup

Post by Boxercup »

Thanks Littlebriar & T6pilot. 
The suburban machinery option looks attractive.  Correct me if I’m wrong but they seem to be a replacement foot peg unit as opposed to an intermediate connecting bracket like Wunderlich which makes the footpegs stick out.  The Illium adjustable looks foot brake combined with the pegs could work well.  I’m UK based and can get Illium products but the Suburban parts may prove difficult.  I see that Illium do a Sport board option which is a board rather than peg. 
Littlebriar

Post by Littlebriar »

The suburban is just an adapter bracket  You use the oem pegs. I have a pair of Ilium sports boards. Had to take them off after I lowered the bike with new suspension. They were nice because they allowed multiple foot positions but they dragged easily with the lowered bike. Since there is no rubber, they transmit vibration more than rubber pegs. I went back to the stock pegs for clearance and am happy with them 

Steve