NAV V from GSA to RT

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
PAL55

NAV V from GSA to RT

Post by PAL55 »

New to the site here guys, and I guess this has been done before. Looking to get my RT and transfer my NAV V to it from GSA. I am given to understand that the wonder wheel doesn't give you the full function of NAV V as the GSA. In what way does it differ, and what will I not be able to access that I do on the GSA now.
Cheers
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Re: NAV V from GSA to RT

Post by smileymiley »

If you have a full fat RT, the NAV V will give you all the same info as the GS. I moved mine from a 14 to 17 RT & got from basic to all the extras. Seems to be that you need the bike to have the full audio package.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Shakleton

Post by Shakleton »

I think you mean control of the Nav by the wonder wheel? If so then yes you lose a fair bit with an RT (I moved form an S1000XR). On the RT you have to use the menu button on the handlebar and push several times through menus to get to control of the Nav by the wonderwheel. You can shorten this process by making the Nav control screen a menu shortcut so only one press of the menu button.

Once you are in the menu you can choose between zoom in zoom out and scroll across screens. That’s it!
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

You don't get the mybike app on the RT unless you've got the audio package. However, I was told (probably to shut me up) that there would be a software update for RTs