Auxilary elec. point

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Beagle

Auxilary elec. point

Post by Beagle »

hi,
I want to connect a camera to the bike through the ignition but dont want to use din sockets is there a point on the bike I can tap into without upsetting the Canbus?
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Re: Auxilary elec. point

Post by Steve F »

I recall one of the US forum members hooked up his INNOV camera power source via the tail light wiring. Searching the thread didn’t show up any further details, but I know several other UK members have bike cams fitted. Hopefully they’ll come forward with some pearls of wisdom.🙂 I’m currently using a helmet mounted camera, but likewise, I’m coming round to the bike cam config, and am wondering where to easily hook it up, without coming directly off the battery?
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Thanks guys,
I have just spoke to the dealer who said that it was easy and  there are two fuses under the seat, one is through the ignition and to piggyback on this. Anyone else done this?

Apologies, should have put this in "Electrical"
Last edited by Beagle on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Wonder whether to just use the front din socket. If it rains the plug in the back of the garmin would get water in. I had planned to unplug it and run on its own battery if it rained anyway if hardwired.