Horn operating at just the wrong moment!

Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
SteveLindsell

Horn operating at just the wrong moment!

Post by SteveLindsell »

Has anyone else had the issue of a tight lock turn operating the horn on a 2014+ RT against a tankbag? On Eurotunnel it even makes me jump!

https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/wunde ... 000-1.html this seems available in Germany but doesn't appear to be the item for the newer RT?

Has anyone got any ideas? I use my tank bag for carrying my Cameras when touring so this is a bit of an issue for me.

TIA
Steve
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Horn operating at just the wrong moment!

Post by T6pilot »

Correct me if I’am wrong but can’t you adjust the angle of the switch, possibly rotate downward a bit so horn button clears bag
Jim
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

No Steve, I haven’t experienced that with my tank bag installed on my 2015 RT. Admittedly, I’m only using a small GIVI tank bag, so no issue there. The hyperlink to the Wunderlich doesn’t appear to list it as being applicable to a RT bike, and the supporting images show the pre 2014 RT config??  ???
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

YouTube video of one switching kill switch off . More of a problem.Presume you have tried adjusting base unit of the bag.
SteveLindsell

Post by SteveLindsell »

Thank you for the replies.

T6 Pilot I’ll look at adjusting the angle. My tank bag is fairly big to take my mirrorless camera and spare lens etc.

Steve F you are correct! I struggled to find the info so I contacted Nippy Norman’s who in turn contacted Wunderlich direct who stated that in fact they don’t have the part available at all. Lots of bike fittings but I guess if the tilt works there is no demand?

Bob21 I have the bag adjusted so the tank lock is as far to the front of the bag as possible.

I hope the twisting works!