New Addition - 2015 RT

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Rascasse

New Addition - 2015 RT

Post by Rascasse »

Hi all,

Following a recent garage ‘usage audit’ , 3 bikes were moved on leaving my much loved 2016 Multistrada feeling very lonely in the garage.

As I’m really piling on the touring miles on the Ducati, I thought I’d better spread the mileage out a bit so a beautiful, 2016 model year RT in platinum bronze has joined the fleet.

Bike has every option bar the stereo and akra can. A trip to Misano for MotoGP beckons next month and I am really looking forward to stretching the bikes legs a bit in Europe.

Having owned a well used and abused 2008 RT for commute duties the difference between the bikes is staggering. I look forward to many thousands of miles on the 2 wheeled version of a 5 (or is it 7 ?) series !

All I need now is a Nav 4/5/6 because I am not using my Zumo 390 on the RT. Anybody got a spare for sale [emoji3]

Ride safe,

PP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sethmopp

Re: New Addition - 2015 RT

Post by Sethmopp »

Enjoy your new bike they're great.

As for the sat nav, the RT doesn't seem to have the connectivity of the other models so you might as well just get a standard Garmin, unlesss BMW have brought out an upgrade to fix the issue.
Rascasse

Re: New Addition - 2015 RT

Post by Rascasse »

Evening,

Too late [emoji16] A Nav 5 has been purchased and collected earlier today from a fine gentleman of this parish.

Thanks for the tip anyway, I was aware of the limited functionality compared to the GS install.

I'm really enjoying the bike, a real gentleman's express compared to the Multistrada.

Ride safe !

PP

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk