Grips that you would suggest

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
JC-RT

Grips that you would suggest

Post by JC-RT »

I am needing to replace the grips on my 2015 RT (which I just acquired).  I have large hands (3XL glove size) and would like to hear what you would recommend.Thanks in advance
realshelby

Re: Grips that you would suggest

Post by realshelby »

If you like the feel of larger grip, without the numb feeling of foam add on covers, these are wonderful additions: O ring grip kit. I have run these and they give a stickier feel than stock, don't hold water, never seem to wear, are removable, and have grip when wet.

If you want a foam type cover, I have tried them all. Grip Buddies, the ones that attach with a velcro seam, are far and away the best for me. These don't trap water like the grip puppies. They have a better feel, less of the numb input the other foam grips have. Easy to take off and put on. Grip Buddies
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
JC-RT

Post by JC-RT »

Thank you for the link -- an interesting idea for o-rings.  I think I will give that a try.
Pappy35

Post by Pappy35 »

I installed a pair of Regrips (google it). They work great, are easy to install (only need to be trimmed for length), and are very inexpensive.
'13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition
JC-RT

Post by JC-RT »

realshelby wrote: If you like the feel of larger grip, without the numb feeling of foam add on covers, these are wonderful additions: O ring grip kit. I have run these and they give a stickier feel than stock, don't hold water, never seem to wear, are removable, and have grip when wet.
I have grown to really like this o-ring kit.  I like the firm feel with the added size.  The more I use them the more I like them.
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Peter Baker »

In the UK I use Grip Puppies (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grip-Puppy-Pup ... B005C1U8R2) on a K1300S and my R1200 RT LC too, they are cheap and easy to fit...  Peter
LAF

Post by LAF »

I use a air chuck and my compressor and have both on in 5 mins.  Been using them for about 14 years now.  They wear well and are comfortable.  I am at a year on this set on the GS and they look as new.
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

JC-RT wrote: I have grown to really like this o-ring kit.  I like the firm feel with the added size.  The more I use them the more I like them.

I had been given a few sets of the neoprene style grip covers by the owner of the company to try. ( Traded a windshield! ) I went back to the O-rings last week. I run a cramp buster on the throttle side, and there is no way to make the foam/neoprene grip covers integrate seamlessly with these cramp busters. With the O-rings I simply leave out the ones under the cramp buster. That means it is level with the rest of the 0-rings and I never get a sore spot from the edge on long trips.

The 0-rings simply have a better grip to them wet or dry. Heated grips work just fine with them. They do not wear out like the foam type.
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
temesvar
Been liked: 1 time

Post by temesvar »

I would suggest tennis racquet grip tape. Cheap, can ride without gloves, absorb sweat, and yes,
can get any color you want, eventually to match your bike :pee: