DWA 6 Alarm

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Browney

DWA 6 Alarm

Post by Browney »

Hi all,

My 2010 RT looks like it's going to be written off so I removed the alarm, one plug basically. I now have a 2013 model coming and was wondering if it's just as easy to fit? ie plug it in and away you go.
I'm hoping I don't have to take it to BMW to be set up.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
slparry
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT LE Dynamic 2015
Wales

Re: DWA 6 Alarm

Post by slparry »

I put a used alarm from an older F800GS that I bought from a guy who hated alarms on bikes, into my current F800GS, it works fine it just doesn't flash the indicators when arming or if activated.

The flashing tell tale light doesn't work either. But as an alarm it works fine, motion sensor etc all work as intended.

I tried getting it "coded" to my bike where I work but it won't "take". I noticed with my MotoScan app that the previous bikes VIN number is stored in it. Which is probably why it won't code.

It works, I'm happy :D

Only proviso I would give for the boxers and the k series is the alarm is often double duty with the tyre pressure monitor so it "may" give TPM probs if you have them fitted?
Steve Parry BMW Motorrad (now KTM) sales executive current toys '15 R1200RT LE Dynamic. '14 F800GS ,'03 R1100S Boxercup, '85 R80RS Mono, 1990 K1