Keeping the TC

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
MEM62

Keeping the TC

Post by MEM62 »

I purchased my twin cam RT new in Jan 2013.  Later that year the LC came out and I have, until now avoided riding one in case I liked it too much.  Well on Saturday I final took one out for a few miles.  It's nice and it does move the game on.  The engine and suspension in particular are impressive.  On Sunday I was out on my bike and it still felt good and I was enjoying it as much as I always have - so much so that I reckon I'll be keeping it for a few more years yet. 
percy

Re: Keeping the TC

Post by percy »

I had the loan of a GSA a few months ago while a dealer was doing some work on mine. The GSA felt really good (much better than I was expecting) and made me wonder whether I should change for something newer.
But getting back on mine again it still feels just fine. A new(er) machine would be nice but when mine still feels pretty good I can't see there being any significant increase in my pleasure riding it to justify spending several £k.
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

MEM62 wrote: I purchased my twin cam RT new in Jan 2013.  Later that year the LC came out and I have, until now avoided riding one in case I liked it too much.  Well on Saturday I final took one out for a few miles.  It's nice and it does move the game on.  The engine and suspension in particular are impressive.  On Sunday I was out on my bike and it still felt good and I was enjoying it as much as I always have - so much so that I reckon I'll be keeping it for a few more years yet.

Well, I have a 2017 Wethead RT and it is brilliant. But you have a great bike too, so unless you have the urge, why change? The only reason I got rid of my beautiful 1150RT, was that getting breakdown insurance was becoming more difficult. Save your shekels for the time you really feel the pull!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Change when the need is greater than the deed.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

My 2011 twin cam seems to be getting better and better with the more miles it's accumulating, it's done just shy of 30k now and running like a dream 😁 I wouldn't mind a water cooled GS as an addition to the garage but I'll wait and see if I can get a bargain when the new model is launched?.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
ds99

Post by ds99 »

I've got a 2007 RT and it only moves when I do one or two European trips a year, so I can't justify spending £4,000+ in changing to a twin-cam or LC model, although it would be nice!