2018 High beam bulbs wire colors?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
kioolt
United States of America

2018 High beam bulbs wire colors?

Post by kioolt »

I'm trying to hook up my Stanley Autotrans (garage door opener transmitter that you hook up to a car's headlight) to my 2018 R1200RT.  I've got both speakers out of the bike and it appears to me that all of the bulbs in the headlight housing get their power from a plug on the left hand side of the headlight housing.  It would really help if someone could tell me what the color is of the high beam bulbs wires. I'm assuming that the left and right high beam bulb use the same wire.
The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.
kioolt
United States of America

Re: 2018 High beam bulbs wire colors?

Post by kioolt »

I started thinking that BMW probably used the same color wire on several models.  I looked at the wiring diagram for my 04 RT and saw that it is white.  I tried that first on my 18 RT and it was the correct one.
The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.
exportman
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 40 times
Great Britain

Re: 2018 High beam bulbs wire colors?

Post by exportman »

Hi

here in the UK  we have a much simpler system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ufBAj2AAso

Added bonus is it also start the fresh hot cup of tea process  so when you have parked the bike and taken off your leathers  you can sit down to a good cuppa