Headset audio, phone, GPS - please confirm I have this straight?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
jstar40

Headset audio, phone, GPS - please confirm I have this straight?

Post by jstar40 »

Hey Folks,

John Here, new to the RT, and I'm stuck in the bluetooth conundrum.  I'd like to confirm the bluetooth limitations of the Cardo headset, phone, audio source, and Nav 6 GPS, and figure out which configuration to go with.

Are these statements correct?
  • I cannot stream audio from the phone and get navigation directions at the same time, correct?
  • I can get nav directions and make/receive phone calls.
If I want to stream audio via the phone and receive calls, is the only option to have only the phone and headset connected, and leave the gps unconnected and navigate without verbal directions?

Hope I'm making sense.  I suppose the only way to get the audio I want is to hook up a USB and run it through the BMW bluetooth system.

BTW, I've been on the hunt for solutions for about 1.5 hours, thats why I'm punting to the forum :)
jstar40

Re: Headset audio, phone, GPS - please confirm I have this straight?

Post by jstar40 »

I think I've figured it out. 

I can get the nav and the phone pumping through the headset, so if I want audio, its just a matter of hooking into USB storage.  Well enough I think (unless there are other options out there I'm not aware of?).
Twodog

Re: Headset audio, phone, GPS - please confirm I have this straight?

Post by Twodog »

It’s a PIA for sure to figure out, way more hassle than it should be in this day and age. 

For me, I go:

IPhone X to C4, phone, music, Waze police notification.
Nav 6 to C4, for navigation instructions.

I can stream music from the phone to the helmet while Nav instruction will send Nav direction to C4.

The Bluetooth implementation (out dated version of BT) through Nav 6 is horrible calls though the Nav 6 sound tinny and crackly.

Two
Son observe the time and fly from evil. Ecc.IV.23