pulling my hair out here

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
peteandalex

pulling my hair out here

Post by peteandalex »

have we got any cardo packtalk genius's on here I bought the packtalk duo and were great till I bought the lc now the units don't talk to each other how do I factory repair them so I can keep channel 1 and 2 with rider and passenger paired via factory pairing that keeps 1 and 2 open as I believe I have to pair helmet 1 bmw system to rider 1 channel 1 then pair sat nav to bikes system then pair rider channel 2 to sat nav and finally pair sat nav to phone that way the phone and sat nav use the bikes system and I can hear instructions then pair passenger to bikes helmet 2 so they hear shared music.
but I can't do any of this because the duo pairing has stopped can I re pair them as factory or do I have to send them back
any help would be appreciated

regards

Pete
blokeonthemove

Re: pulling my hair out here

Post by blokeonthemove »

You can do a factory reset and pairing yourself as I did it about two years ago, sorry can't remember the details. There is new software and a new phone app so install all that first. I do recall that a certain order of pairing is vital so do a bit of reading up. Good luck.
peteandalex

Post by peteandalex »

yea took backtalks to supplier turns out they are defective so been sent off and now have 2 new ones will try again when charged

Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I would setup a dmc link between the two, its much better than intercom with BT. So I now, pair my Packtalk with the bike, have audio, so nav comes through the audio channel, phone direct to Packtalk. DMC to my pillion and any other riders in the Pack.
peteandalex

Post by peteandalex »

cheers casbah so it can be done what order is best to connect are you able to give me a step by step guide im not too techy but getting there
people said it can't be done you just proved them wrong cheers

Pete
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

peteandalex wrote: cheers casbah so it can be done what order is best to connect are you able to give me a step by step guide im not too techy but getting there
people said it can't be done you just proved them wrong cheers

Pete

All I did was firstly pair my Packtalk with the bike. I do nothing with the Sat Nav, if you want Nav instructions, just have the audio on radio or aux, sat nav will give instructions to the Packtalk. I then pair my phone directly with the Packtalk, the reason I do it that way, is I use my Packtalk on different bikes, so want the phone to work. Pairing the Packtalk with the bike you use adp rather than BT. The Packtalk has two ADP channels and Two intercom channels. Normally the duo set are paired together with channel 1 of the Bluetooth. But if you switch to DMC mode, you can then setup a DMC group for you and your pillion, and use that instead of Bluetooth. When the Packtalk is in DMC mode the light on the side flashes green. This gives an open mic and you don't have to use any voice comments to call the intercom. I never found it very successful pairing my phone to the sat nav, it was always a pain getting them to connect. Disadvantage of connecting phone direct to the Packtalk is you don't get your phone book on the Nav. If you don't have audio, you need to connect the Nav to the Packtalk with one of the ADP channels. All this is explained in the handbook :)