Carole Nash 6 wheel policy

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
BeeJay

Carole Nash 6 wheel policy

Post by BeeJay »

I've just had my renewal through for a 6-wheel policy with CN.
Are they having a laugh???
Last year it was about £660, okay so I changed my bike in April from a 2014 RT to a new 2018 exactly the same model.
They are asking £1100 for this year, same insurance company.
Shopping around I have individual policies, from Bennetts and Swinton, adding up to about £550, that will be plus about £90 for breakdown for the car through the CSMA.
What are they playing at???

>:(
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: Carole Nash 6 wheel policy

Post by David. »

BeeJay wrote:Shopping around I have individual policies, from Bennetts and Swinton, adding up to about £550, that will be plus about £90 for breakdown for the car through the CSMA.
For £640, ask CN to price match the quotes.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

I think insurance companies must think we are all idiots. I think I change insurance company every year. All they seem to be interested in is new business hence a good deal first year then crap. There is no loyalty. Banks / Building Societies are the same. They give you a good deal to get you and then are not interested in keeping you. Saving interest rates special introductory deal then crap. So I play them at there own game. Better deal comes along I have no hesitation to leave and tell them why.

I had a multi car policy once and when the renewal came up so did the price. So using the same company I got an insurance quote for each car to compare. The individual policies were cheaper than the single multi car policy ! So I rang them up to ask why. Their advertising suggested cheaper insurance on their single multi car policy but in fact it was more expensive. He could not explain why and suggested that I had given incorrect information. So I offered him the chance to input the information but he was not interested. So I left them. Its all about new business.

David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I've had a six wheel policy for one car & two motorcycles with CN for a few years now. In 2016, I paid £377.20, at renewal in 2017 CN wanted £489.94, they agreed to waive their broker fee of £70.00 & I paid £419.94. At renewal this year (2018),  they wanted £432.96, no movement on the price, but with the very small increase, stayed with CN for another year.
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

Would you Adam and Eve it ??
Apart from showing that I didn't have pillion cover (very worrying), value was shown to be £18600 (?) and showed that it was modified.

Their official answer was that there was a problem with the renewal "module" on the bike part of the policy and it doubled the bike cover.

Revised premium is now £643, with their £70 policy charge removed.

I am still not satisfied, we had a lot of trouble getting the policy started and we had about 6 attempts from them to get the details correct. What's really worrying about this fiasco is that they dropped the pillion cover???

Really think I'll go for separate policies.
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

I couldn't make a six wheel policy work for me.  The bike's with IAM Surety (they'll usually price match to some degree) and the car is with whoever was cheapest among the good insurers this year.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

Levisp wrote: I think insurance companies must think we are all idiots. I think I change insurance company every year. All they seem to be interested in is new business hence a good deal first year then crap. There is no loyalty. Banks / Building Societies are the same. They give you a good deal to get you and then are not interested in keeping you. Saving interest rates special introductory deal then crap. So I play them at there own game. Better deal comes along I have no hesitation to leave and tell them why.

I had a multi car policy once and when the renewal came up so did the price. So using the same company I got an insurance quote for each car to compare. The individual policies were cheaper than the single multi car policy ! So I rang them up to ask why. Their advertising suggested cheaper insurance on their single multi car policy but in fact it was more expensive. He could not explain why and suggested that I had given incorrect information. So I offered him the chance to input the information but he was not interested. So I left them. Its all about new business.

This is good, because it means  all of us who research our insurance premiums every year get a great deal. Just had my renewal through from Hastings for the BMW at £171. MCN comparison site cheapest was Hastings £129 ??? . Phoned Hastings and they renewed it over the phone for £129  :) Happy days.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

BeeJay wrote:I am still not satisfied, we had a lot of trouble getting the policy started and we had about 6 attempts from them to get the details correct.
CN's admin. isn't the best, but once sorted, their six wheel policy is fairly comprehensive.
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

David. wrote: CN's admin. isn't the best, but once sorted, their six wheel policy is fairly comprehensive.

I've never seen that option. I find my choices are TP, TPFT, or Fully Comprehensive!
jjwill
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Wales

Post by jjwill »

Try LV for a quote – 0800 316 1225.  I had my 2014 RT stolen from Central London in February and LV are the only ones who are prepared to give me theft cover, albeit at a price.
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

Carole Nash were, historically, not cost effective for me until they came up trumps three years ago.  I did dump them again this year - partly because of the dramatic increase in premium they were asking for - but also because they tried to auto-renew me.  For the first two years I had a policy with them I specifically asked them not to renew me.  One each occasion they agreed not to and then went ahead and did so.  On their third attempt and auto-renewing I just dumped them and, to be honest, would have done so even if their price was competitive. 
CliveJ
Bike Model and Year: R1200rt lc. 2014
Great Britain

Post by CliveJ »

Like others after many years I have also dumped CN as they have put my premiums up, fair enough I went from a ST1300 on an 05 plate to a 2015 R1200RT so expected an increase but not by £385.  They also tried auto renewal despite me stating every year I do not request that on any insurance policy I have.  After some searching around I have managed to get it down to £270 although the compulsory excess is quite high but the next cheapest quote was nearer £500 & I am no spring chicken with a clean license with over 11years without any claims.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

CliveJ wrote: Like others after many years I have also dumped CN as they have put my premiums up, fair enough I went from a ST1300 on an 05 plate to a 2015 R1200RT so expected an increase but not by £385.  They also tried auto renewal despite me stating every year I do not request that on any insurance policy I have.  After some searching around I have managed to get it down to £270 although the compulsory excess is quite high but the next cheapest quote was nearer £500 & I am no spring chicken with a clean license with over 11years without any claims.

I don't know where you live but as I said, the premium on my 2017 RT was £129 that's with 2yrs no claims as it's a second bike and £350 total excess.
CliveJ
Bike Model and Year: R1200rt lc. 2014
Great Britain

Post by CliveJ »

That is the problem as I am not far north of London just by J11 on the M1 but that was the cheapest quote with several security devices fitted one being a tracker.  Just have to grin & bear it could be worse,
goodness knows how youngsters or those newish to motorcles can afford to insure them.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

CliveJ wrote: That is the problem as I am not far north of London just by J11 on the M1 but that was the cheapest quote with several security devices fitted one being a tracker.  Just have to grin & bear it could be worse,
goodness knows how youngsters or those newish to motorcles can afford to insure them.
I don't think they do, insurance cost and a more complicated driving licence system means they go from moped to car.  Seems like mostly middle aged men riding larger capacity motorcycles.