Which Screen ?

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Which Screen ?

Post by hammo »

Hi Everyone ,
                  Just had a good run on my 2018 RTLE today , i have the sports screen and i find it does not give full wind and noise protection so i am on the lookout for a replacement , have looked at Werks , and V-Technik but i need some advice , i am 5" 10" and my inside leg is 32" any advice as regards to which gives full protection is very welcome .
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Which Screen ?

Post by T6pilot »

Hammo
What’s your location?
A company in California called 7Jurock, 7jurock.com, makes Werks windshields. I found them to be quite cost effective with a high quality product
Jim
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

Many thanks Jim . Unfortunately i live across the pond in the UK , i,ll try to source out a WERKS distributor over here , keep riding !!!
RTs4me
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by RTs4me »

I have the BMW 'Comfort' screen on my LC. It's only slightly higher than the standard RT screen, but your Sports screen is smaller than the standard one. The Comfort screen is wider than standard.

For info, I'm a fraction under 6 feet tall, with 32 inch legs. I have the 'high' seat on my bike, but it's in the lower position. I usually ride with the screen about halfway up ( the screen upper arms are roughly horizontal). This gives a bit of airflow over my visor, to clear raindrops etc. I can see over the top edge of the screen in this position. With the screen fully up, I'm in a pocket of still air, but looking through the screen.

On previous models of RT (hex-head, twin-cam),  I've heard of a few cases of broken screen arms if huge aftermarket windscreens have been fitted. I'm not sure if the same occurs with the LC (I've not heard any reports). I bought the BMW Comfort screen in the hope that it had been tested and hence a factory-approved accessory fitment.

There's one on eBay at the moment:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Larger-C ... SwZZlboSdr

Hope this helps! :)
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

I've used the Wunderlich Touring screen for the last two years and found it very good, far better than the standard screen. Available from https://www.nippynormans.com/r1200rt-lc ... lc-2014-on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
realshelby

Post by realshelby »

There are no distributors for WERKS Quiet Ride windshields beyond buying direct from WERKS Parts in the USA. I would love to change that but the dynamics don't allow that just yet. Yes, 7Jurock is contracted to build these for WERKS but they cannot sell them at the same price per agreement. Their price will be higher. Shipping costs are included in the price of the WERKS versions for the US market.

I know shipping costs to Europe are high. It adds about $70 to the US price for UK, and about $60 for other European markets. Then there can be fees from Customs. I hate Customs fees!
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields and Headlight Protectors for R 1200-1250 RT. 2021 and up RT Quiet Ride Windshields.
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

B787MECH wrote: I've used the Wunderlich Touring screen for the last two years and found it very good, far better than the standard screen. Available from https://www.nippynormans.com/r1200rt-lc-2014-on/wunderlich-touring-screen-clear-r1200rt-lc-2014-on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
+1
4years for me, no problem with it.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Marcosalopo

Post by Marcosalopo »

I have used a Werks  screen this year. Did not find shipping costs too bad, can,t find paper work to tell you how much
[size=78%]I find it better than standard screen, seldom use fully up. In mid position keeps visor clear of bug  splats  and rain.  However I do  get extra pressure on rear of neck, long suffering pillion finds it quiter and hears music better.[/size]
I am 6ft 2in with 31 inside leg trousers and have high seat in high position
Bobf

Post by Bobf »

Just installed a 24" Werks screen on my 2017 RT. I never imagined that it would be such an improvement of wind management over the stock windshield.
Best addition I have made on my bike.
I'm 5'9".
Better to burn out than fade away. - Niel Young
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I fitted a 24 inch Werks a few years ago, I am 5ft 8, brilliant screen, I had mine shipped by Terry (RealShelby) great bloke to deal with. You just need to set it once and that's it, no more adjusting up and down and it is quiet :)
LAF

Post by LAF »

AeroFlow is a great shield also.

http://aeroflowscreens.com/
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Yep another vote for Werks.  I bought mine in UK on eBay from a guy who was selling his RT.  It works brilliantly for me, a little too brilliantly in the hot summer we've just had.
garr2

Post by garr2 »

I imported the 24" Werks Quiet Ride screen myself from USA. Shipping to Australia added almost 30% to the cost but it was worth it.
Great screen - quiet (as the name says), good optics, & fits with the accessory Wunderlich mirrors.
Other screens (though definitely not the OEM) may be as good, I don't know. But I'm very happy with the Werks screen.
And it looks like it will fit the 1250RT so in time it will do my next bike.

Ian
Oneillmartin

Post by Oneillmartin »

Are they hard to change
Bobf

Post by Bobf »

Very, very simple to change.
6 screws and that's it.
Maybe a 10 minuet job if you are very slow.
Could not be more simple.
Better to burn out than fade away. - Niel Young