Help with German translation to English

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
kioolt
United States of America

Help with German translation to English

Post by kioolt »

I bought some wide angle mirror glass that is shaped like the OEM mirrors on my 2018 RT.  They are made in Germany and the directions are written in German.  The German directions are "nach dem kleben mit kreppband oder tesaband fixieren trackenzeit min 12 stunden".  I found a translation website that translated into English as "After the glue with crepe tape or tesaband fix trackenzeit min 12 hours ago".  Can someone here help me get a good translation?  Also, on the diagram of the mirrors there are the following words,  " Kiebe-Raupe"ca 5mm", and "Spiegelglais Safer View".  This translates into "glue-caterpillar", "ca 5mm" and "[size=2px]Spiegelglais Safer View".[/size]

Please help.

[size=1em][/size]

[size=1.3em][/size]
The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.
kioolt
United States of America

Re: Help with German translation to English

Post by kioolt »

I misspelled a word in German.  The corrected German instruction should have been "[size=2px]nach dem kleben mit kreppband oder tesaband fixieren trockenzeit min 12 stunden".  This makes the English translation "[/size]after gluing with masking tape or tesa tape fix tracking time at least 12 hours".  I believe that this would translate better as "tape the mirror in place with masking tape and let the supplied glue set for 12 hours before using".  Does that seem to make sense?

The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.
ExGMan

Post by ExGMan »

You might try this Google application: https://translate.google.com
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

kioolt wrote: I misspelled a word in German.  The corrected German instruction should have been "nach dem kleben mit kreppband oder tesaband fixieren trockenzeit min 12 stunden".  This makes the English translation "[/size]after gluing with masking tape or tesa tape fix tracking time at least 12 hours".  I believe that this would translate better as "tape the mirror in place with masking tape and let the supplied glue set for 12 hours before using".  Does that seem to make sense?

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Trockenzeit = drying time.  Kiebe should be Klebe (glue) I believe.
John Bentall
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

kioolt wrote:"nach dem kleben mit kreppband oder tesaband fixieren trackenzeit min 12 stunden".
kioolt wrote:" Kiebe-Raupe"ca 5mm", and "Spiegelglais Safer View".
Nope!, can't see a problem with those instructions    :))
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

kioolt wrote:Please help.

Well I pasted that into the google search bar and without me doing anything it automatically translated it.

[size=18px] [/size][size=medium][/size][size=18px][size=18px]after sticking with masking tape or tesa tape fix [/size][size=18px]dry time[/size][size=18px]min 12 hours[/size][/size]

That seems pretty self explanatory.