Auxiliary lighting for a 2006 1200RT

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Brian Mac

Auxiliary lighting for a 2006 1200RT

Post by Brian Mac »

Hi,

Looking to see what my fellow forum members have installed in way of auxiliary lighting on their bikes. Living north of the border and using the bike to commute a couple of days a week I was wondering what are the best set ups that you have found.

I have engine protection bars so looking at kit that can connect to them rather than modifying any body panels.

Thanks
BrianMac
LAF

Re: Auxiliary lighting for a 2006 1200RT

Post by LAF »

I use these Denali lights.
Brian Mac

Post by Brian Mac »

Look bright enough, are the straightforward connect onto the bike
LAF

Post by LAF »

Yes pretty strait forward.
I use a Hex ezCAN device for them and the rear brake lights as it integrates right into the BMW canbus.
Those lights are Denali 2.0 D4 ad are a pretty innovative light set.  First they are all new LED technology.  Second the lens kit they inclde allow you to run all four of the lights in each unit as all spots or 2 spots and two driving beams.  I bought the yellow lens as I believe they are see much better.  I run the two outside lights as spots to light up the side of the road, and the two inside as driving lights to see down rode.

Here is a US link to them for you to read about them if you like.
https://denalielectronics.com/led-light-kits

JC-RT

Post by JC-RT »

I went with Clear Water lights with the "CAN Opener" which plugs into the BMW wiring harness and integrates seamlessly with the CANbus system. Easy to install and regulate. With the Can Opener you may also include brake light, horn and even has an switched auxiliary that you can connect to a relay to power whatever...
Mounting has many options

https://www.clearwaterlights.com/
I went with an Erica & Krista combination set. On a recent trip to North Dakota the extra light was amazing.