Denali cansmart...amazingly simple!

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Denali cansmart...amazingly simple!

Post by Casbar »

Beagle wrote:
Thanks for your help. Wont be doing much riding in fog. :)

Its more about light spread, spot pin point ahead and distance, fog more flood to the side and short. I have the BMW aux lights low down, at night which give good side illumination, the D2 give daytime riding visibility and spot for night time. Both compliment each other
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Casbar wrote:
Its more about light spread, spot pin point ahead and distance, fog more flood to the side and short. I have the BMW aux lights low down, at night which give good side illumination, the D2 give daytime riding visibility and spot for night time. Both compliment each other

Casbar hi,
Can I ask which circuit you conncted your lights to was it the 4 or 10 amp. The D2 spec says they draw 1.6 amps, I presume each so would be ok on the 4 amp but as I am not going to use the 10 amp I suppose they could connect to that. Decisions, Decisions. ????
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Beagle wrote:
Casbar hi,
Can I ask which circuit you conncted your lights to was it the 4 or 10 amp. The D2 spec says they draw 1.6 amps, I presume each so would be ok on the 4 amp but as I am not going to use the 10 amp I suppose they could connect to that. Decisions, Decisions. ??? ?

I just used the 1st lighting circuit, didn't bother checking which one that was :)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Casbar wrote:
I just used the 1st lighting circuit, didn't bother checking which one that was :)

Thanks, I think it will be ok on either. There may be not enough to cater for 2*10 amp circuits so they give 1*4 and 1*10. Lights are fitted with brackets, just need to run wiring. I plugged one in to try. By eck there bright.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Beagle wrote:
Thanks, I think it will be ok on either. There may be not enough to cater for 2*10 amp circuits so they give 1*4 and 1*10. Lights are fitted with brackets, just need to run wiring. I plugged one in to try. By eck there bright.

I'm trying to decide whether to fit a sound bomb now, but Denali told me that if I used the Cansmart direct I would need to keep the standard horn as well as if it was disconnected it would throw and error code. But there seem to be plenty of people who have fitted the sound bomb and removed the standard horn and ran it direct from the Cansmart with no issues. Guess you would\t know about error codes unless a GS911 was plugged in. But some have had services and nothing reported
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Casbar wrote:
I'm trying to decide whether to fit a sound bomb now, but Denali told me that if I used the Cansmart direct I would need to keep the standard horn as well as if it was disconnected it would throw and error code. But there seem to be plenty of people who have fitted the sound bomb and removed the standard horn and ran it direct from the Cansmart with no issues. Guess you would\t know about error codes unless a GS911 was plugged in. But some have had services and nothing reported

Done enough now with the lights and the camera. No incling to do the horn ....... yet :)
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Beagle wrote:
Done enough now with the lights and the camera. No incling to do the horn ....... yet :)

I was just working on the theory as I've got to take the panels off again, it would be a good time to route the cable, although I could still route the cable and not connect ti to anything
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Casbar wrote:
I was just working on the theory as I've got to take the panels off again, it would be a good time to route the cable, although I could still route the cable and not connect ti to anything

All done now, didnt use the extension leads, bags of cable.

Attachments
5E98E96F-77FC-421D-84CB-EE80543E33AA.jpeg
Last edited by Beagle on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Good job. Did you route your cables down each side or just one side. The next time I do it, I'll see if I can do without the extension cables, there is a lot of spare cable in my installation :)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Casbar wrote: Good job. Did you route your cables down each side or just one side. The next time I do it, I'll see if I can do without the extension cables, there is a lot of spare cable in my installation :)

Routed down offside bags of cable.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Beagle wrote:
Routed down offside bags of cable.

So did you not take off the inner fairing on the nearside. Did you route from the nearside light around the front of the tank and then down the offside?
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Casbar wrote:
So did you not take off the inner fairing on the nearside. Did you route from the nearside light around the front of the tank and then down the offside?
No it was offside fairing. Plugs ended up near steering head out of way of forks, shock and swing arm.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Aligned the lights today and tested everything. Well impressed when they flash rapid with the horn, go out when indicating and flash in time with hazards. Clever piece of kit.
Last edited by Beagle on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Beagle wrote: Aligned the lights today and tested everything. Well impressed when they flash rapid with the horn, go out when indicating and flash in time with hazards. Clever piece of kit.

I was out last night, first time since I fitted them. They are good on dip and excellent throw of light on main, I'm impressed