Back to the RT

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
daverj
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Back to the RT

Post by daverj »

So after swapping my 2015 RT for a Multistrada (lasted 8 months) then a GS Exclusive I’m Back  to the RT. Hopefully picking it up end of next week.
Been an expensive merry go round.
Last edited by daverj on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R1250RT LE
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Bacteria to the RT

Post by Casbar »

Have you bought a 1250 or another 1200? Would also be interested in your reasoning for not getting on with the other two bikes :) Welcome back
daverj
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Back to the RT

Post by daverj »

1250RT will be the latest one. I always hankered for a Ducati and initially was happy with it, but chain maintenance was a pain along with the mess on the rear of the bike and the clatter and shaking from the engine at low speed was not nice. Seat adjustment was not easy and it tilted you forward into the tank. The GS is a pain to clean properly and I spend more time cleaning it than riding it and it just lacks the polished finish of the RT. Plus I tend to ride it like a hooligan for some reason. Just miss the whole RT riding experience.
R1250RT LE
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Back to the RT

Post by Casbar »

daverj wrote: 1250RT will be the latest one. I always hankered for a Ducati and initially was happy with it, but chain maintenance was a pain along with the mess on the rear of the bike and the clatter and shaking from the engine at low speed was not nice. Seat adjustment was not easy and it tilted you forward into the tank. The GS is a pain to clean properly and I spend more time cleaning it than riding it and it just lacks the polished finish of the RT. Plus I tend to ride it like a hooligan for some reason. Just miss the whole RT riding experience.

Cool. Look forward to reading your thoughts on the 1250 when you have it :)