12k Service

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
bandytales

Re: 12k Service

Post by bandytales »

Beagle wrote:
I dont think the software is that expensive. I have VCDS Diagnostic software for my Tiguan. Some independants use it as its very comprehensive. It was less than £300. Its just another money maker for BMW dealers.

In our company, the software is nearly always one of the most expensive items. It is constantly being tweaked, de-bugged and upgraded unlike the hardware.
None the less, when you compare it with the likes of the GS911, suddenly that aftermarket kit suddenly becomes quite appealing.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

bandytales wrote:
In our company, the software is nearly always one of the most expensive items. It is constantly being tweaked, de-bugged and upgraded unlike the hardware.
None the less, when you compare it with the likes of the GS911, suddenly that aftermarket kit suddenly becomes quite appealing.

I think sales volume affects the price. VCDS is used for all VW models and Bentley. So potential sales are massive especially if its global.

The revenue from all BMW dealers Diagnostic must be quite considerable.
Last edited by Beagle on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
FloydRas

Post by FloydRas »

Is there any way to get the actually numbers regarding the dealers Diagnostics btw?
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

FloydRas wrote: Is there any way to get the actually numbers regarding the dealers Diagnostics btw?

What do you mean?
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

bandytales wrote:
What do you mean?

Error codes I suspect?