Introduction

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest5886

Introduction

Post by guest5886 »

Hello everybody.
I found your website while searching for an aftermarket horn for my bike. Now I know exactly what to get.
I am an expat living in Italy at the moment (albeit work may dictate another move in the near future) and I own a 2017 BMW R1200RT.
Thanks for letting me in.
MEM62

Re: Introduction

Post by MEM62 »

Welcome! 

I fitted a Fiamm Mini Blaster to mine after a motorway incident with a Range Rover.  He started to drift into my lane so I hit the OE horn and he didn't even hear it.  On went the Fiamm a few days later and I no longer have such issues.   
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Have a look at this https://www.nippynormans.com/horns-and-accessories

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
guest5886

Post by guest5886 »

Thanks.
I bought a few parts from NN in the past for my previous boxer. Excellent service, I just hope I remember the login I used on their website.

The Mini Blaster is one of the two options I have in mind, together with the Denali Mini Soundbomb. If you have a picture of your installation (and perhaps of the bracket you used as well) I would be very grateful.
Thanks.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

I also fitted a FIAMM Mini Blaster to replace the useless OEM pip squeak horn. I fitted it in the same mounting place that the OEM horn was in, using the FIAMM supplied straight mounting bracket. I just tweaked the bracket slightly so that the FIAMM horn, when fitted, didn’t contact the fork tubes on full lock in either direction. Horn purchased from NN as well - agree, good service.
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Welcome to the forum . Enjoy the best model year :alas:
guest5886

Post by guest5886 »

Steve F wrote: I also fitted a FIAMM Mini Blaster to replace the useless OEM pip squeak horn. I fitted it in the same mounting place that the OEM horn was in, using the FIAMM supplied straight mounting bracket. I just tweaked the bracket slightly so that the FIAMM horn, when fitted, didn’t contact the fork tubes on full lock in either direction. Horn purchased from NN as well - agree, good service.
Did you get the one with spade connectors and used one of those "CANBUS wiring adapters"?
Thanks.
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

ElPolloDiablo wrote: Thanks.
I bought a few parts from NN in the past for my previous boxer. Excellent service, I just hope I remember the login I used on their website.
The Mini Blaster is one of the two options I have in mind, together with the Denali Mini Soundbomb. If you have a picture of your installation (and perhaps of the bracket you used as well) I would be very grateful.
Thanks.
I'll take a picture of mine at the weekend.  (it's dark by the time I get home from work)  If memory serves it went onto the original bracket.  I did purchase the additional electrical connector and fitting was both quick and easy.   
Steve F
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

ElPolloDiablo wrote: Did you get the one with spade connectors and used one of those "CANBUS wiring adapters"?
Thanks.
Yes, I used a CANBUS wiring adapter (also from NN) that plugged straight into the bike OEM horn wiring, and the female spade connectors that fitted onto the FIAMM horn male spade connectors. Nice and easy (for a change!).
guest5886

Post by guest5886 »

Thanks everybody for your replies.
I've ordered the Fiamm horn and adapter from NN, I'll report back once they are installed.
Really intriguing how Fiamm horns are actually more expensive in Italy (where they are made) than everywhere else. Same thing with Spal radiator fans...
guest5886

Post by guest5886 »

Horn installed. It took ages to find a position where it didn't contact with the forks and to properly tidy the wiring, but now we finally have a horn that can be heard from more than twenty paces away.
Steve F
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Good news. Glad to hear your perseverance paid off!👍🙂
guest5886

Post by guest5886 »

Steve F wrote: Good news. Glad to hear your perseverance paid off!👍🙂
Classic case of a ten minutes job turning into a hour long nightmare.
Steve F
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

ElPolloDiablo wrote: Classic case of a ten minutes job turning into a hour long nightmare.
😂👍