Bluetooth Headset

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Bluetooth Headset

Post by hammo »

Hi Guys , Any comments are welcome as i am looking to purchase a quality bluetooth kit for my fliptop Caberg helmet , anyone have some guidance !!! Cheers Hammo
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Bluetooth Headset

Post by Casbar »

Two contenders really, Sena or Scala. Personally I have had a Packtalk for the last 3-4 years and it has been flawless, very good range for bike to bike comms with their DMC mesh network. Each manufacturer has their fans, so just google reviews.
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Our Freecom 4 Duo has been great and easy to use for the last 15k miles in all weathers.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

michaelc2710 wrote: Our Freecom 4 Duo has been great and easy to use for the last 15k miles in all weathers.

The OP did say quality BT unit, so I assumed he wanted all the options the top of the range kit bring :)
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

My first headset was a BT/Cardo unit and it was great.  In fact it still works fine as my mate is using it and it must be getting on for 10 years old now.

I tried a pair of Interphone units and they were worse than useless.  The support from the importer and the manufacturer was non-existent and in the end, although they were bloody expensive, I gave up and threw them away.  They were that bad I couldn't even bring myself to off load them on fleabay.

The current pair we have are Sena units and these work really well.  Clarity is good and, once you get used to them, the controls are fairly straightforward.       
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

I use interphone sport and find them user friendly, did have initial problem pairing to Nav 5 but interphone support was quick to respond with good advice. Do what I require and they are also waterproof unlike some of more expensive competitors.
Tom Stewart

Post by Tom Stewart »

I have the Cardo Packtalk....works perfectly as long as you don't speak too loud into mic and you use proper English...I'm from the southern US and proper English was not taught in shcool :)It is waterproof and the Sena is not...just water "resistant".
Good luck,ts
Duggie

Post by Duggie »

Another vote for the cardo packtalk, had mine for a few yrs and it’s been flawless.
Having updated the software recently it’s improved it even more.

Duggie
Frank123

Post by Frank123 »

Interphone Tour for £150 with 20 hrs of battery life. To solve the issue of wind noise interference above 80 kph in the BMW System 6 helmet I have invested in a set of ear bud speakers from Mercury another £150. All intercom units purchased at the Bike Show.
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Are you able to use the Sena intercoms without the mic, as you can with Scala?
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Old-Git wrote: Are you able to use the Sena intercoms without the mic, as you can with Scala?

My Sena uses a boom mike for the open face helmet / flip face helmet. It works very well. I use a Shark Evoline helmet.