Another Satnav Lock Option?

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
oldtimers.si

Re: Another Satnav Lock Option?

Post by oldtimers.si »

hi
here is link how to open keyles petrol tank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzenlV3NGmo

regards,Oldtimers Team,Matjaz
scunny12
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 1200RT LE 2015
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 31 times
Great Britain

Post by scunny12 »

I just don't get keyless it just appears to be something else waiting to go wrong. What's wrong with a key, just take it out of ignition, insert in petrol lock and turn? I am not a Luddite ,since I have a keyless car. The paranoia of some thief scanning the key, means it is always tucked safely away in a Faraday bag. Just need to educate the wife now for her newly acquired keyless Yaris Hybrid!
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Must admit that even though I've got it I would not and did not pay for it. It is nice to have, the same as on my wife's (BMW) car and in some ways more useful on a bike than a car due to wearing more kit.
scunny12
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 1200RT LE 2015
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 31 times
Great Britain

Post by scunny12 »

True story.  Parked in a speedway stadium carpark and went with daughter to watch the racing. Daughter decided she wanted her coat, so I gave her my key fob and off she trots. She arrives back 10 minutes later and says" Something is wrong with your car. I lock it and it locks ,then I check the handle to make sure it is locked and it unlocks itself. I have done this 3 times and every time I go back to its unlocked , it will not lock and needs dealer to sort it".
I had to explain to her the car is keyless and every time she goes near the car with the fob in her pocket, the doors will unlock. She may have a good university degree, but common sense ….

7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

Having a bit of time off lately I’ve fitted one of these to my RT, none audio so electrics went left side. No issues with fitting and really chuffed. I had considered the original mechanical lock but thought it looked a bit ‘industrial’.