Kevlar Jeans

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
buzz

Kevlar Jeans

Post by buzz »

I'm looking to buy some Kevlar jeans, anybody got any recommendations what to buy or avoid
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Kevlar Jeans

Post by Casbar »

I just sold a pair of Draggin Jeans. They were ok, but very hot in the summer. Hood Jeans seem to get good reviews. Whatever you get, get some with armour :)
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Kevlar Jeans

Post by B787MECH »

I've got Chinos made by Rokker and they're superb. Expensive but great in high temperatures, very comfortable and look good on or off the bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by B787MECH on Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve F
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Post by Steve F »

Hi buzz,
I can recommend Draggin jeans. Not cheap but a premium brand with a solid safety reputation. The extensive knee and backside kevlar weave ‘armour’ does make life a bit sweaty in very hot ambients, as Casbar also made reference to, but personally I get on with them just fine. I’m really more concerned about having a fighting chance of keeping my skin intact should I have a spill!!
k900r

Kevlar Jeans

Post by k900r »

I have Road Skin jeans. They were the best ones I found at the NEC show in my opinion
Very happy with them.
I also took the advice of the head guy, mine aren’t waterproof, he sells both types but I see myself wearing them in the summer when waterproof ones are likely to make you sweat.
I intend on wearing them on summer days or taking them with me while touring along with textile trousers to give me options and also wear them as normal jeans off the bike to minimise packing
Have great armour too

https://www.roadskin.co.uk/shop/roadskineasyriders/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by k900r on Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

https://www.jtsbikerclothing.com/Got a pair for both the missus & me. Good quality, great price.
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

Hi,

I’ve got draggin jeans - great in the winter, but hot in the summer.  I’m in Australia and have been wearing them recently - but it’s been up in the high twenties here in Melbourne and I’m certainly ready to get them off when I dismount...good quality and lots of Kevlar but if live anywhere hot they are a bit thick...
guest2383

Post by guest2383 »

I use Red Route - not as expensive as some but really comfortable - maybe because I am a short arse! and come with knee and hip armour.Probably use them more than my textiles unless I think it's going to rain, which is a lot of the time where I ride  :alas: 
Last edited by guest2383 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
buzz

Post by buzz »

I ended up buying some PMJ Riders, fantastic fit, the salesman at Infinity York couldn't have been more helpfully, the wife bought some too, they've got some really good gear there, definitely  worth checking out if your ever near there, and free coffee as well
Reaper999

Post by Reaper999 »

I've got a pair of Route One Kevlar Jeans that I got from Infinitys in one of their sales.
For the money I paid, they are pretty decent.
Had them around a year now and they've stood up well so far.
I've worn them through summer and on some colder days without issue. Mine also had a coating on them that makes them water resistant.
Been caught in the rain a few times and whilst they are certainly not water proof, the rain will initially bead up on the jeans which gives you time to pull over and get some proper waterproofs on without getting soaked.
percy

Post by percy »

I have a pair of Hood (Kevlar lined) jeans. Good quality and have lasted well for many years.
It's worth getting the hip and knee protectors for them as well.
https://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/#
Last edited by percy on Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ds99

Post by ds99 »

i have these which are good

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/271622

i tried a few different brands on but as i needed them for summer touring, i found a lot were too heavy/thick and would be too hot on an RT
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

If you want the best, Rokker seem to be number 1, but very expensive compared to others.
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by B787MECH »

Casbar wrote: If you want the best, Rokker seem to be number 1, but very expensive compared to others.
You're right, but they really are the best for protection, quality, and fit. They even come in a presentation wooden box with a quality T shirt thrown in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Found somewhere selling Rokkers reduced from £349 to £279, hope they have got me and swmbo sizes. Awaiting email conformation.