Nautilus Stebel install. YouTube or similar

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
BBT600

Re: Nautilus Stebel install. YouTube or similar

Post by BBT600 »

Would anyone be able to send me a copy of the wiring diagram for the stebel relay. I`ve fitted the horn and wired it up as per per the video on MHornigs website, but I`m not getting the horn to work. I followed the video exactly too grrrrr    >:(

https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig.com/ ... -Horn.html
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Try this: https://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/TheS ... A00100.pdf

When you have the horn fitted, how much clearance is there between the horn and front brake hose?  I had the Wunderlich kit and needed to send it back because this happened.  Just trying to work out if it's the kit or something odd with my bike.
[attach=1]

Cheers

Attachments
DSC_1633.JPG
BBT600

Post by BBT600 »

After reading the comments/warnings from you guys, I installed the Stebel with a slight lean away from the brake hose.Now I have approx 10mm between the hose and the horn. I might even wrapped the brake hose in a piece of narrow dia hose pipe  or pneumatic tubing, just in case the horn moves into contact with the hose. But so far it has remained in place.
The horn is very loud, it will definitely be noticed if required.
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Old-Git wrote: Thanks for confirming re relay bandytales. That's that horn out for me, I fitted one years ago when I was commuting through London daily, I always "felt" that there was a short delay between pressing the button and the horn sounding. That's when I started wearing flip up helmets, I always thought I could shout quicker than the horn would respond. Always a possibility that it was my crap wiring I guess, but still not for me.Gonna go with a stebel magnum, however a quick search shows the low note horn being advertised as 112 and 136db - I assume the latter is not correct? Sprintgull did you get the low or high note horn for your bikes?TaNick

I'm so glad you mentioned the delay between pressing the button and the horn sounding. I thought the same after  fitting a Stebel Nautilus. At the time I put it down to the air compressor buidung pressure before activating the horn.