RT Stripes.

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
B787MECH
Bike Model and Year: 2016 LC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: RT Stripes.

Post by B787MECH »

Has anyone priced up having the stripes painted by a custom paint shop rather than fitting stickers/decals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PhilMill

Post by PhilMill »

I'm waiting for prices to do it with paint, proper old fashioned pin striping. Hopefully it won't be too expensive, especially as I'll have to remove the paint protection film.

Phil
Too many bikes, not enough time!
Lucky

Post by Lucky »

Do tell once you've found it. Too late for me to change my choice of Mars Red but I'll have fun kicking myself if it turns out I could have gone for white with cool pinstripes for the same money.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

RTs4me wrote: It's not identical, but it's a very similar colour scheme to the Japanese-market 'Anniversary' bike. We in the UK got the 'Iconic', while Japan had this version.

See this YouTube link. There's a detail shot of the badging at about the 2:30 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1-2X4L4vhk&t=21s

I don't think it's a BMW 'factory' stripe kit - more likely to be an outsourced paintjob, like the Iconics were, from Dream Machine I think. It's very, very nice though - if it was available in the UK, I would have seriously considered one.

Edit - 787mech beat me to it!  :)

I met someone in the BMW Midland section who had the pin-striping as shown in this video professionally painted onto his white RT.  A member here inquired about the cost so I asked the owner - £1345.

My decals cost £24.95.
John Bentall