Oops!

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
MEM62

Oops!

Post by MEM62 »

Other half's daughter followed me into a car park yesterday on a scooter and didn't stop.  She collided with my right hand panier and broke the cup that the bike mount tang fits into.  I have tried to fix it with a bonding solution but and not 100% convinced it will hold.  Looks like it might have to be a new pannier.  Anyone in the UK bought one recently?  (The bike is a 2012 twin-cam)       
bandytales

Re: Oops!

Post by bandytales »

MEM62 wrote: Other half's daughter followed me into a car park yesterday on a scooter and didn't stop.  She collided with my right hand panier and broke the cup that the bike mount tang fits into.  I have tried to fix it with a bonding solution but and not 100% convinced it will hold.  Looks like it might have to be a new pannier.  Anyone in the UK bought one recently?  (The bike is a 2012 twin-cam)     

Try Motorworks and James Sherlock and Ebay for secondhand case - you can transfer your lid across if it is colour matched.
MEM62

Post by MEM62 »

bandytales wrote: Try Motorworks and James Sherlock and Ebay for secondhand case - you can transfer your lid across if it is colour matched.
Good call!  James sherlock have complete cases for £250 per side in black.  A carcass assembly from BMW (everything except the lid) is £230.  Much of what is listed on evilbay is in a worse state than mine.   
Kabish

Post by Kabish »

While I'm not calling your daughter an idiot, but I had an idiot ride up in between the bike parking and the wall of our BMW dealer on this weird looking long framed peddle bike.  Guy set the bike against the wall then promptly dropped it into the front end of my bike.....  Luckily I was there to trade that one in anyways, happened right in front of the sales guy too.  ::)