EZCan - quick question

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Old-Git

EZCan - quick question

Post by Old-Git »

So I have the ezcan, and a pair of spotloights. Question - do I join the spotlights together and use one of the four connectors on the Ezcan, or keep them separate and use both of the high power continuous connections? Thanks
Edit - looks like one connector for each spotlight looking at their website, can anyone confirm? Ta.
Last edited by Old-Git on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LAF

Re: EZCan - quick question

Post by LAF »

Since the "light" channels are 10A you can run a pair of lights on each channel if they are under 10A. 
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Old-Git wrote: So I have the ezcan, and a pair of spotloights. Question - do I join the spotlights together and use one of the four connectors on the Ezcan, or keep them separate and use both of the high power continuous connections? Thanks
Edit - looks like one connector for each spotlight looking at their website, can anyone confirm? Ta.

Juse use 1 channel for both lights

Attachments
8B093ED0-50E2-4A50-BBA9-5818ADAC10DD.png
michaelc2710
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 29 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

won't you loose some of the functionality if you wire them together on one port. 
For example the light out on turn signal[size=78%] [/size]
bicyclenut
Bike Model and Year: 2010 R1200RT
United States of America

Post by bicyclenut »

As far as michaelc2710 says and my understanding is if you want to be able to control lights as a left and right, use 1 channel for each side, this allows functions such as shut off light on turn signal on that side. If not, you can run both lights on one channel. If you have only 2 lights and don't need channel for other accessories or lights you can connect them for full functionality. later, if you add a second set of lights its just a simple rewire at EzCAN, just mark wires so its easy to figure out later which wire is for which light.
michaelc2710 wrote:won't you loose some of the functionality if you wire them together on one port. 
For example the light out on turn signal[size=78%] [/size]
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Hmm well finally fot around to fitting the denali mounts, cheap chinese spots and the hex can. Connected it all up ezcan software said couldn't register or firmware upgrade my untit as their server was busy, so I unplugged the laptop and switched the bike on - success! spots on, switch off when indicating.
Then a little while later I tried to register, firmware upgrade so I could change some settings. All downhill from there - the lights flash when ignition is switched on, sometimes behave properly if you indicate - but for more than 4 flashes. If you use the hazards they keep flashing. I tried loads of settings, then it was too late to talk to Hex, so I bravely gave up and went down the pub.
This morning I'll set the lights to 100%, if that doesn't work I'll reset to factory defaults, if that doesn't work I'll disconnect them and worry about when I get back from the NW200.Anyone else had similar issues?
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Hmmm, wonder if it is the lights as I've not seen any problems from folk using Denali.  Wunderlich reckon theirs are okay with EZCan too.