Spec me up some accessories

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Bakumackem

Spec me up some accessories

Post by Bakumackem »

Just taken delivery of a 2015 RT LE and couldn’t be happier with the first few miles on it.

On the downside it’s under a blanket on a trickle charger as I work away, and won’t be back until mid-June when I’ll be taking it for a jolly to the Assen MotoGP with some mates.

From time to time I’ll also take one of my 3 sons as pillion as they enjoy the 2-wheeled thrill. For info I injured my left shoulder which is a little weaker but getting stronger and so may influence recommendations.

Only thing I’ve added as part of the deal is a non-central locking BMW large top box. Already have the Nav V from previous GS.

So in simple terms I’d like the collective to spec me up some accessories that I can order ao they are ready to install when I return ahead of the trip.

Only conditions are:

- must be home installable by myself and a mate

- more comfort / protection than performance related

Fill your boots!!

[size=78%]
[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]
Last edited by Bakumackem on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously owned a 2014 GS TE and a 2007 Duc 999.
daverj
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Spec me up some accessories

Post by daverj »

Front fender extender
Rear pillion infill panels
Headlamp protector
Small tank bag
Engine crash bars
Central locking for Sat nav
Final drive crash bung
Brake pedal enlarger

Should keep you busy for a while.
R1250RT LE
Bakumackem

Post by Bakumackem »

Thanks Dave, couple of queries.....

- headlight protector: I had one on the GS but I can't visualise how it would look or work on the RT as it looks like a different shape altogether

- fender extender: what's the forum preferred option?

- crash bars: had these on the GS but no cylinder head protection. Do typical RT owners go for one or the other?

Finally, does membership here give discounts at accessory providers eg nippy's?
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Best fender extender IMHO is

https://www.nippynormans.com/mudguard-e ... ot-r1250rt

Very easy to fit, no drilling required, looks good and very well made. Keeps crud off front of engine.
daverj
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by daverj »

+1 for the Avant extender. I have a R + G headlamp protector which fits with the sticky nylon Velcro type fittings which make it easy to remove fir cleaning.
I went fir the Wunderlich crash bars on my 1250.
R1250RT LE
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Denali lights
Innovv c5 camera
Akrapovic silencer
CanSmart
Sargeant seats
System 7 helmet
Rokker jeans
Bakumackem

Post by Bakumackem »

daverj wrote: +1 for the Avant extender. I have a R + G headlamp protector which fits with the sticky nylon Velcro type fittings which make it easy to remove fir cleaning.

Dave, Levi - liking the look of the Avant fender and going to order but waiting to see what else I can add to NN order.

My jury is really out on the headlight protector. It’s an insurance policy that I fundamentally don’t see the need for (even though I added one on the GS) and also my experience is they doubly degrade the actual light allowed out especially on a long ride due to a double layer of crud
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Bakumackem wrote: My jury is really out on the headlight protector. It’s an insurance policy that I fundamentally don’t see the need for (even though I added one on the GS) and also my experience is they doubly degrade the actual light allowed out especially on a long ride due to a double layer of crud

Thats what I thought until I had a head on with a peasant at 50mph. Imagine what a stone can do. Headlight unit is very expensive £720 for complete unit.

Pheasant 1 RT 0
Attachments
IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0179.jpg
IMG_0164.jpg
Last edited by Levisp on Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.