No throttle on 2015 R1200 RT LC

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Beagle

Re: No throttle on 2015 R1200 RT LC

Post by Beagle »

Casbar wrote:
Why don't you take some of your own advice, what gives you the right to tell anyone what they can and can't post. I have met Simbo and that was a friendly quip. I don't know you from adam, so keep your thoughts to yourself  :whistle:

Not my advice, quoting the moderator.

https://www.1200rt.com/viewtopic.php?t=38.msg46418#new
MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

Casbar wrote:
Why don't you take some of your own advice, what gives you the right to tell anyone what they can and can't post. I have met Simbo and that was a friendly quip. I don't know you from adam, so keep your thoughts to yourself  :whistle:

Unfortunately when you post on an a forum you lose the option to "keep your thoughts to yourself", every member has the right to express an opinion.

I've enjoyed reading all the posts on here but lets keep it in perspective.

Only my opinion.

simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

The most important thing about this thread is.

1. The problem got sorted.. and that's the main thing really.
2. Beagle was only trying to help and wasn't far of the mark with his comment about turning the throttle, admittedly the battery hadn't been disconnected, but that wasn't mentioned in the first post! but it jogs peoples memory into idea's and thoughts about how to resolve the problems.
3. Casbar's vertically challenged and doesn't need bar risers. (I'm only guessing that because he's 5'8" and probably going to have a minimum 31" inside leg which would give a long leg short body stature, hence no need for bar risers due to lack of lean stoop forward. possibly?
4. I'm a wanker.
5 the call to the dealers for a resolution's been noted in all our memory banks now, so we're all wiser from this little exchange of knowledge and banter.

Crack on chaps! keep up the good work, Life's good Image

The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

simbo wrote: The most important thing about this thread is.

1. The problem got sorted.. and that's the main thing really.
2. Beagle was only trying to help and wasn't far of the mark with his comment about turning the throttle, admittedly the battery hadn't been disconnected, but that wasn't mentioned in the first post! but it jogs peoples memory into idea's and thoughts about how to resolve the problems.
3. Casbar's vertically challenged and doesn't need bar risers. (I'm only guessing that because he's 5'8" and probably going to have a minimum 31" inside leg which would give a long leg short body stature, hence no need for bar risers due to lack of lean stoop forward. possibly?
4. I'm a wanker.
5 the call to the dealers for a resolution's been noted in all our memory banks now, so we're all wiser from this little exchange of knowledge and banter.

Crack on chaps! keep up the good work, Life's good Image

I don't think Casbar’s vertically challenged so much as verbally challenged. There are sadly people on forums who delight in jumping on a thread they see as controversial or not having quite the correctness they deem it should and then exude their superior knowledge as a badge of superiority. When challenged the inevitable abusive language is used characterised by derogatory crude name calling.

Having read the forum rules by Steiner I thought this forum would not stoop to such depths.

Thank you to the people who have been of assistance previously. I shall look elsewhere for future help. 

STeinar

Post by STeinar »

Hmm- Again - Read this - every single one of you : https://www.1200rt.com/viewtopic.php?t=8

STeinar
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

STeinar wrote: Hmm- Again - Read this - every single one of you : /viewtopic.php?t=8

STeinar

I apologise, my one word reply to Simbo, was a quip, a joke, as I had met him and he replied I was small, not short, not vertically challenged, although at 5ft 8in, I was tall enough to join the Police, so can't have been that short. So I took it as a joke reply. Beagle obviously took offence at the one word I used, he also was upset because his suggestion around the throttle reset had something to do with battery disconnection. I was only pointing out, that if you disconnect the battery there is no impact on the throttle, therefore anyone reading this thread would not think if they disconnected the battery they would have throttle issues, as all they have to do is reset the time and date to get rid of the service light.

I would also like to point out, that I am not verbally challenged, I did put a smiley after my one word reply. I will temper my replies so as not to upset the more sensitive of our members.
STeinar

Post by STeinar »

Casbar wrote:
I apologise, my one word reply to Simbo, was a quip, a joke, as I had met him and he replied I was small, not short, not vertically challenged, although at 5ft 8in, I was tall enough to join the Police, so can't have been that short. So I took it as a joke reply. Beagle obviously took offence at the one word I used, he also was upset because his suggestion around the throttle reset had something to do with battery disconnection. I was only pointing out, that if you disconnect the battery there is no impact on the throttle, therefore anyone reading this thread would not think if they disconnected the battery they would have throttle issues, as all they have to do is reset the time and date to get rid of the service light.

I would also like to point out, that I am not verbally challenged, I did put a smiley after my one word reply. I will temper my replies so as not to upset the more sensitive of our members.

Thank you Casbar - very good of you

I only want everyone to be happy here - if possible ;-)

I personal did not find anything in this thread to be - really out of the perspective - But we could all of us "Me also" think a little more before posting.
We are all coming from different countries / languages - and all with different backgrounds - and it's not easy to always think about it.

So - lets everyone be friends - and continue to bring knowledge and nice time between all of use - and we let this settle down now.
You see - I have already hijacked this tread - totally away from the subject :-)

So let's continue and lett this site grow - Its riding season - BE HAPPY :-)

STeinar