Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Re: 2018 RTLE Handling.

Post by David. »

Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Just echoing what Bandytales and Casbar have said, CW's response surprises me.  I've dealt with them for years and they have always been great.  Much more friendly than some other dealers I could use closer to home.  Apologies if I've missed this earlier but you could ask to take their demo for a spin which would give you a back to back comparison.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

Probably not the problem the OP is describing, however, I do find the suspension on my 2018MY RT a bit lively at low speeds in the solo riding preload position and 'normal' damping and especially on undulating surfaces. I have found that increasing the damping to 'hard' helps the situation, but obviously this is simply masking the spring rate problem. As the road speeds rise, this becomes less of an issue and the suspension becomes more compliant and predictable.

Two up, which is mostly what I use the RT for, the suspension is perfect under all conditions and I have no issues. My conclusion is that the suspension is possibly slightly over sprung for my 12 stone solo weight?