Hello, New To Forum

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Easyrider5258
Been liked: 3 times

Hello, New To Forum

Post by Easyrider5258 »

Hello All,
Just joined as am waiting delivery of a new BMW R1250RT SE with Dynamic pack in Alpine White, expecting late June delivery
Not new to BMW's had 2 R1100RT's a R1200RT, a K1200LT and a R100CS
Like to do all my own maintenance and have a well equipped workshop with ramp to save my knees!

Have organised many euro tours for the BMW club, next one is 1st-8th June in Normandy for the 75th D.Day commemoration (68 going now full up)
Have been to Castellane several times and the Pyrenees, provisional another Pyrenees trip planed in 2020

Once new bike settled in plan a solo trip to Austrian Alps in September this year
Look forward to contributing to forum and hopefully getting many tips and ideas from here.

Not ordered a top box yet, considering whether I actually need one as a solo traveller, I have a large Ortlieb Bag to throw over back for occasional camping trips.

I would be interested in what tank bag people are using on the 1250? seems the 1200 bag wont fit?

Dealer is giving me a choice between a Nav V or a Nav V1 both at a favourable price, what's the best to have?
Mark
Last edited by Easyrider5258 on Fri May 10, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
East Anglia (Fenland)
PeteM

Re: Hello, New To Forum

Post by PeteM »

Easyrider5258 wrote: Dealer is giving me a choice between a Nav V or a Nav V1 both at a favourable price, what's the best to have?
Mark

VI definitely - lot better visibility in bright sun and being newer should last longer before becoming obsolete
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

DEFINATELY Nav6. Much better display in bright conditions.

You say the 1200 tank bag won't fit. I am sure that the 12000 Wethead bag WILL fit. There are no differences in that part of the bike. Are you getting confused with the Hexhead and Camhead 1200's?
Easyrider5258
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Easyrider5258 »

Yes, I was referring to the BMW tank bag on my 2005 R1200RT, that wont fit for sure, any recommendations for one I could use on the R1250? Givi? original BMW?
East Anglia (Fenland)
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

Easyrider5258 wrote: Yes, I was referring to the BMW tank bag on my 2005 R1200RT, that wont fit for sure, any recommendations for one I could use on the R1250? Givi? original BMW?

I use the [size=15px]Tank Bag SW-MOTECH City quick-lock-evo 11 L - 15 L Colour: Black.[/size]
[size=15px]I am really happy with the fit and function. I also know many who use the GIVI version and they too like their bags.[/size]
[size=15px]With both systems you need to buy the appropriate horseshoe tank mounting plate. The bags then just snap onto this ring and the job's done. Removal of the bag is just a quick pull on a tab and the bag is off the bike equally as slick. (However, because I am cautious, I add another 'tether' in case the bag should ever come adrift).[/size]
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

I got BMW bag off ebay cheaper than alternative and found it better fit and quality. Like givi ones but make sure larger ones don't  foul the horn on full lock.