Tired suspension?

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
milleplod
Been liked: 1 time

Tired suspension?

Post by milleplod »

I've just had the rear Showa unit from my '06 RT refurbed by a guy over on UKGSer - full stripdown, new seals, new higher-grade oil and a new Hyperpro progressive rear spring in black (not a fan of their usual purple!) - £184 all-in, including return postage and a 5 day turnaround. Pretty good service, especially if your units are tired and you don't fancy the much-higher price of new units - another plus is that by keeping the original unit, you keep the remote preload adjuster, which adds even more to the price of a replacement unit!
It may be that you need to be registered and pay the subs on UKGSer to contact the guy, but if anyone wants to get in touch with him, give me a shout.
I'll report back on how it feels in due course.

Pete
milleplod
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Tired suspension?

Post by milleplod »

Well, refurbed unit refitted yesterday....trial run out today, 150 miles in glorious weather.  :) Wow!! What a difference, even on base settings - it felt how I imagine the bike would've felt when it was new. Smoooooth, supple, and even better after I'd fiddled a bit with the adjustments. For the money, well worth considering.

Pete