Media Player on Nav VI

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
STeinar

Re: Media Player on Nav VI

Post by STeinar »

horand wrote: STeinar
Thank you again for your detailed explanation.
Please excuse my lack of understanding!
I understand the USB flash stick will plug into the USB port in the right hand compartment and will play through the audio system on the bike. Surely this will Bluetooth the sound to the headset. Why do you recommend an earphone connector for the sound? I can see an earphone port alongside the USB port in the right hand compartment. Are you suggesting that this will plug into the earphone port on the headset?
Kindly advise and again apologies for my lack of knowledge on these matters.
This is a great forum with lots of friendly and valuable advice!!!!!
Regards
David

If you are using the iPod - then you need two connections.  On the ekstra expensive BMW cable - to use in the right hand compartment there is two connections. One for USB to the iPod, and one for the sound from the iPod.

If you use the USB stick , then you don't need to connect anything else except the USB stick to the cable in the compartment - that is there already - and you don't need this extra and expensive cable from BMW.  Just plug your USB stick into the USB connector in the compart..

But , there are some things to take care of - when using the stick - formatting - folders etc.

It was one describing this in detail here on the site one's - do a search for USB - and you will find it -
Or he will ping you here - with a description :-)

Steinar

horand

Post by horand »

More Good advice Steinar
Many thanks

I'll go with the USB Stick and no leads will be necessary.

Thanks Again

David
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I understand the USB flash stick will plug into the USB port in the right hand compartment and will play through the audio system on the bike. Surely this will Bluetooth the sound to the headset. Why do you recommend an earphone connector for the sound? I can see an earphone port alongside the USB port in the right hand compartment. Are you suggesting that this will plug into the earphone port on the headset?
Regards
David

Yes you can plug into the cable in the compartment, if you have your audio on aux it will play to your helmet. Not sure about the charging though. Steiner mentions the expensive cable, I have read somewhere you can buy a cheaper cable, apparently the BMW Mini uses the same cable and can be purchased on eBay. But I'm not sure which one it is.
horand

Post by horand »

Thank You Casbar
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Regards
David

Steinar was referring to the special BMW iPod connector with integrated earphone port - not to the flash drive.
John Bentall
horand

Post by horand »

Many Thanks
I’m going to go with the memory stick. No leads necessary. Just plug in.

PeteM

Post by PeteM »

horand wrote: Many Thanks
I’m going to go with the memory stick. No leads necessary. Just plug in.

It is worth going for one of the short USB sticks , less chance of it getting damaged, something like this
[size=small]https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077VXV323[/size]
[size=small]
[/size]
horand

Post by horand »

Good idea!
Thanks
Easyrider5258
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Easyrider5258 »

I'm waiting for my new R1250RT, Audio is not specked, but I will have a Nav V1 supplied and fitted, what's the best option to get quality (not mono) music to my helmet?
Bluetooth Earbuds?
Bluetooth in helmet speakers
Wired speakers
I also have a Huawei P20 pro smartphone with lots of music on it, and it might be handy to take calls on the move on it
So any recommend set ups please

Cheers

Mark
East Anglia (Fenland)
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Easyrider5258 wrote: I'm waiting for my new R1250RT, Audio is not specked, but I will have a Nav V1 supplied and fitted, what's the best option to get quality (not mono) music to my helmet?
Bluetooth Earbuds?
Bluetooth in helmet speakers
Wired speakers
I also have a Huawei P20 pro smartphone with lots of music on it, and it might be handy to take calls on the move on it
So any recommend set ups please

Cheers

Mark

Pretty much he same bike setup as me. I have a Shoei Neo-Tec 2 with a Sena SRL headset. I put mp3 files on the Nav 6 and steam from there, works fine and the quality is good considering I am sitting on a moving motorbike and hence have engine and wind noise. I have my Samsung phone paired only with the Nav and calls are fine. You can stream music from the phone but I don't do that as it kills the battery and it is no different to copy music to the Nav than to copy it to the phone.