Denali Soundbomb

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
davef1uk

Denali Soundbomb

Post by davef1uk »

thinking of getting one of these.  Does my bike have two or one horn?  Not sure which to order.  Cheers. 
Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜
rangemaster728

Denali Soundbomb

Post by rangemaster728 »

I had to go back through some of your older posts to figure out you have a 2010 RT...

If the bike is stock you should have one horn. The R1200RT originally started out I believe with two horns, and even though they deleted one sometime during the hexhead series the two-horn wiring harness remained through 2009.

If memory serves your horn and horn connector should be in front of the handlebars, down between the forks near the upper triple tree.

Unless the horn you’re considering comes with the correct connector, you might have to buy a “repair harness”  from BMW that you can wire to the horn, and have the appropriate connectors to plug it in and not cut any bike wiring.

I’ll also mention because we’ve been chatting about this in some of your other threads, installing the horn of that type usually means you’ll probably need a relay controlled by the horn circuit because of the amount of current the Sound bomb horn requires.

I don’t have the wiring diagrams for the 2010 RT handy, but on the 2009 the horn wiring is only 20 AWG which means a maximum of about 2 A.

Just one more reason to buy an ezCAN lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by rangemaster728 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davef1uk

Re: Denali Soundbomb

Post by davef1uk »

Hi Range. 

I am sorry you had to do that searching to find my bike model/year.  Doesn’t it show on the forum  under my avatar??  Where it shows posts made etc. 

Thank you kindly for your detailed help.  Much appreciated.  I will be using the ezCam to connect a horn, addition rear brake lights and front DRL lights. 

I just wasn’t sure if it was best to get a single Denali sound bomb or a split sound bomb.  As space may be relevant. But thank you for clearing that up.
Attachments
203536AC-5AD9-4313-88B2-76AABC051BC0.jpeg
rangemaster728

Post by rangemaster728 »

Dave:

We don’t see those using the Tapatalk app on an iPhone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
davef1uk

Post by davef1uk »

Morning Range.

Ahhh.  I see.  That sucks. 

Thank you for your help my friend.  In future I will always give my bike details.