Advice on purchase and fitting of a brake light to my top box please guys.

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
MattyP
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2022
Great Britain

Advice on purchase and fitting of a brake light to my top box please guys.

Post by MattyP »

Hi all.

I am thinking of sourcing and fitting an additional high level brake light to my 2017 RT1200 LE.  I have a colour matched top box and obviously want the light to fit within it in the space provided.  Should I just pay top dollar and go to the dealer or is there a cheaper / better way of going about this?

PS the bike still has 18 months BMW warranty on it so would this be invalidated if someone other than BMW did the job?

Your thoughts are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Hors Piste

Re: Advice on purchase and fitting of a brake light to my top box please guys.

Post by Hors Piste »

Motorrad Bohling sell them https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.com/uk ... l-k48.html but I bought mine from the dealer where I bought the bike - with discount around 10%.
Very easy to fit and as a genuine BMW part I think they would be on sticky ground contesting any warranty claim - unless of course you break something :eggs:
No CAN bus issues as others appear to have reported. Makes a nice and reassuringly expensive addition to the rear end.

Instructions for fitting are in the download section https://www.1200rt.com/index.php?action ... ew;down=53
Last edited by Hors Piste on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
winglider

Post by winglider »

As the gent above said. a piece of cake to fit.  :) :)
Hors Piste

Post by Hors Piste »

Indeed, although the OP never did say whether or not he fitted one....