Heated seat cable

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
sgl
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Heated seat cable

Post by sgl »

I just put an aftermarket seat on my new 1250rt.  The passenger seat is not heated so I simply disconnected the stock seat and folded up the cable under the new seat.  Will that be ok or should I remove the existing cable?  I couldn’t see how to easily disconnect it from the bike.    Also is it correct that the back of the passenger seat doesn’t really engage into anything?  There’s a little play to the back of the seat but obviously it’s not going anywhere. 
PeteM

Re: Heated seat cable

Post by PeteM »

sgl wrote: I just put an aftermarket seat on my new 1250rt.  The passenger seat is not heated so I simply disconnected the stock seat and folded up the cable under the new seat.  Will that be ok or should I remove the existing cable?  I couldn’t see how to easily disconnect it from the bike.    Also is it correct that the back of the passenger seat doesn’t really engage into anything?  There’s a little play to the back of the seat but obviously it’s not going anywhere.

For the heating I would probably wrap the plug with insulating tape just to be safe but I would leave it there in case it is ever wanted again.

For the seat - on mine (stock seats) the back hooks under the tail but the front is locked down with two finger screws which means that there is no movement but an after market seat may be different
sgl
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Re: Heated seat cable

Post by sgl »

I tried again and after some pushing and shoving got the back tabs in place.