Engine Management Light and Reduced Power

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
guest4915

Engine Management Light and Reduced Power

Post by guest4915 »

The first fault on my 2018MY RT occured yesterday with 11k miles on the odometer.
50 miles into the journey and travelling at about 40mph, the engine noticeably lost power and the engine management light came on. Pulled over and the engine tick over was slightly higher than normal. I turned off the engine, restarted and all was well for the remaining 150 miles with no further incidents or faults indicated.
When I checked for system faults with Motoscan, the only fault present was 3A1452. Anybody got any ideas or similar experiences?

Malcvtr

Re: Engine Management Light and Reduced Power

Post by Malcvtr »

Can’t help there, mate, but it’s probably prudent to have it checked over by your dealer, seeing as it’s still well within warranty. ECU problem? Good luck with it.
TrevorAustin

Post by TrevorAustin »

Pickaxe wrote: The first fault on my 2018MY RT occured yesterday with 11k miles on the odometer.
50 miles into the journey and travelling at about 40mph, the engine noticeably lost power and the engine management light came on. Pulled over and the engine tick over was slightly higher than normal. I turned off the engine, restarted and all was well for the remaining 150 miles with no further incidents or faults indicated.
When I checked for system faults with Motoscan, the only fault present was 3A1452. Anybody got any ideas or similar experiences?

According to this, [size=78%]https://bmwfault.codes/[/size], it is throttle valve 2, probsbly more aimed at cars but likely still the same.
Last edited by TrevorAustin on Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest4915

Post by guest4915 »

TrevorAustin wrote: According to this, [size=78%]https://bmwfault.codes/[/size], it is throttle valve 2, probsably more aimed at cars but probably still the same.
Many thanks for that and the site link.

No further occurrences, so just monitoring the situation.

Regards

Dave