Fuel Economy 1 and 2

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
PeteM

Fuel Economy 1 and 2

Post by PeteM »

On my Nav 6 I have a screen that shows a four by four grid of user definable data items. This has the options of "Fuel Economy 1" and "Fuel Economy 2". Anyone know the difference?
Hors Piste

Re: Fuel Economy 1 and 2

Post by Hors Piste »

I'd guess one is instantaneous consumption and the other is average, as on the bike itself.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Hors Piste wrote: I'd guess one is instantaneous consumption and the other is average, as on the bike itself.

No it's not that - bike parked, engine off and both are showing about 53mpg - not exactly the same number but close
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Is one tank average and the other overall average?
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

simbo wrote: Is one tank average and the other overall average?

Could be. Next time I'm out on the bike will reset the overall average and see what happens.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

[size=small]Been investigating...[/size]

Economy 1 is definitely linked to the consumption shown on the bike, you reset that and Economy 1 resets, the values shown on the two was not the same but that could be because the bike takes the distance from wheel rotation like the odometer and the GPS takes it from the satellites. Will need to see what Economy 2 does when I next fill up, although it may not immediately change as it could act like the range to empty.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

[size=small]After checking yesterday, none the wiser, no big change to eco 2 from starting bike in the morning, filling up or parking it[/size]
Earle A

Post by Earle A »

Trip 1 fuel economy average vs trip 2 average
Dee Dub

Post by Dee Dub »

Some people reset Trip 1 when they refill the tank. Eco 1 would then shows the consumption rate for that tankful. Similarly, people often reset Trip 2 at the beginning of a vacation, in which case Eco 2 would show the consumption rate for that vacation. Obviously you can reset Trip 1 and 2 whenever you like!
DW