R 1250 RT Programming new key fob

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Hivee
Bike Model and Year: 2019
United States of America

R 1250 RT Programming new key fob

Post by Hivee »

Hello all

As a newbie and getting back into riding after 16 years, I decided to get a R1250 RT planet blue color.  Anyway one of the first things I wanted was a second key fob.  I have watched a youtube video on programming a 2015 R1200 RT , but I can't seem to get it to work on my bike.  The manual does not cover programming keyless ride key fobs by the way...….

Any pointers??

Kevin
gogs01

Re: R 1250 RT Programming new key fob

Post by gogs01 »

I've been riding "keyless" for three years and never felt the need for a second key fob.  I did order a second "emergency" key, but that's another story .....
So, I can't help with your programming / pairing issue, but can I ask why you want a second fob ?
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Keyless fobs can only be bought from the dealer, they should come pre-programmed, but when I bought mine it wasn't so the dealer had to try and programme it via the mothership computer. Long and short the fob was faulty and wouldn't work. So I got my £93 back and decided to stick with one fob and the emergency key. I worked on the theory that with my previous 2014 I never used the second fob and if I ever lost it, I could use the emergency key and just buy another one.
Hivee
Bike Model and Year: 2019
United States of America

Post by Hivee »

gogs01 wrote: I've been riding "keyless" for three years and never felt the need for a second key fob. I did order a second "emergency" key, but that's another story .....
So, I can't help with your programming / pairing issue, but can I ask why you want a second fob ?
I just would like to have a spare on hand.