FlexAccount Travel Insurance

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
MikeS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

FlexAccount Travel Insurance

Post by MikeS »

Just aheads up for anybody that uses their Nationwide account for travel insurance.
Just had my renewal through and it looks like motorcycling (above 125cc) is now excluded.

Shame because it was a reasonable perk to have.
casper

Re: FlexAccount Travel Insurance

Post by casper »

I think that it's still the same.

Motorcycles, mopeds and scooters
Any claim as a result of you using any motorcycle, moped or scooter, if:
• You do not wear a crash helmet.
• You are in control of the vehicle and you do not hold a valid licence to drive that vehicle type in your home area.
• The vehicle is above 125cc and you did not use it to travel from your home area.
• You are not wearing appropriate protective clothing.

It has always excluded hire bikes over 125cc.
If you travel on your own bike from home to  say France/Spain etc then you are covered.
It is not as clear in the new document from Nationwide.
BoB21
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Got mine through and policy has changed to exclude over 125 but if holiday booked b4 November old policy applies. That is how I read it but will confirm b4 I go
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

I had a similar thing with an old bank linked travel policy (Santander I think but it was a while ago), rang them up to find out how much it would cost to add and they said that they would cover me anyway if it was my bike, which they where quite happy to confirm in writing. What they were trying to guard against was someone not having ridden for donkey's years hiring a bike and piling it.

Might be worth a phone call.
Iscadean

Post by Iscadean »

I had a puncture 90 miles from home this summer and didn’t realise I had Nationwide cover through my FlexPlus account. Long story (which includes RAC membership and recovery home costing £300) short the policy document applies to owned motorbikes as well as cars. I checked with them. Applies to any journey across Europe for 30 days or less. Includes £1000 clothing cover, breakdown and repatriation + +. At £13 per moth it’s an expensive add on.
MikeS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

PeteM wrote: I had a similar thing with an old bank linked travel policy (Santander I think but it was a while ago),rang them up to find out how much it would cost to add and they said that they would cover me anyway if it was my bike, which they where quite happy to confirm in writing. What they were trying to guard against was someone not having ridden for donkey's years hiring a bike and piling it.

Might be worth a phone call.

Thanks for the advice. Just got round to ringing them. Yes, they still provide travel cover for motorcycles. Seemed surprised that the policy booklet had changed and it had been omitted. Same terms- helmet,  full license, primary mode of transport from UK etc.