BMW Nav VI Problem - No Routes Found

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
RT Slim

BMW Nav VI Problem - No Routes Found

Post by RT Slim »

After installing the most recent 5.80 software update I am no longer able to access GPX files. Nor does the "new routes found" auto import initiate upon opening the Trip Planner app. Using the manual import menu option returns a "No trips found" message. Prior to this update the Trip Planner app had worked flawlessly for me. Has anyone else heard of this problem or can offer up any corrective suggestions? Thanks.
Last edited by RT Slim on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: BMW Nav VI Problem - No Routes Found

Post by Casbar »

I've got the same update on my Nav VI. I have just put a route together in Myrouteapp, exported to the Nav and when I switched the Nav on, I had the message to import route, which I did. It then appeared in my trips as do all my imported routes. So not sure what issue your having, but if I understood your issue, mine is working ok.
RT Slim

Post by RT Slim »

Thanks for confirming the update is suppose to work. My workaround is to send a track to the Nav6 (using Basecamp) then convert the track to a trip. Frustrating.
bighopper

Post by bighopper »

You say your SEND Track to Nav VI & Then convert to a route. Why are you not just sending the Route from Basecamp to your Nav VI & doing what the previous poster said.
RT Slim

Post by RT Slim »

The auto import feature no longer prompts me for new routes. When I try to manually import a route a "No routes found" message is displayed. The GPX files are properly placed in the GPX device folder but the app doesn't recognize them.
bighopper

Post by bighopper »

I would call Garmin support. Ask to speak to the OEM for Nav VI group they are very knowledgeable & helpful.
RT Slim

Post by RT Slim »

I talked with Garmin support and they hadn't had anyone else report this problem. Today I tried out their suggestion of sending Basecamp tracks to the device and that worked pretty well though restarting the route midway thru my trip gave a direct route versus following the tract. I will continue to experiment with tracks and hope for a new version  unintended fix.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

RT Slim wrote: I talked with Garmin support and they hadn't had anyone else report this problem. Today I tried out their suggestion of sending Basecamp tracks to the device and that worked pretty well though restarting the route midway thru my trip gave a direct route versus following the tract. I will continue to experiment with tracks and hope for a new version  unintended fix.

Why don't you get help from Garmin to revert to the previous version of the unit software (5.70?).
John Bentall
RT Slim

Post by RT Slim »

Thanks for the suggestion to go back to a previous version. I didn't consider this to be an option as I've never heard it being offered. Has anyone here ever requested this and if so can tell me how was it handled.
austavla
Bike Model and Year: 2015 BMW R1200RT
Norway

Post by austavla »

It's about the Ride! For those who have experienced the joy, no explanation is necessary: for those who haven't, no explanation is possible.
RT Slim

Post by RT Slim »

austavla wrote: Hi
Maybe a "Master Reset" will do the trick?

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=5pkqQBOE9L4qzpvROpQ1R8&searchType=noProduct

Thanks for this top tip. For whatever reason the unit has been functioning properly as of late and recognizing when a new route is loaded and ready for import. I'll keep this reset in mind if any problems such as this reoccur.  Cheers.