Need handlebar to handgrip bolts

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Murchadh
United States of America

Need handlebar to handgrip bolts

Post by Murchadh »

Looking for the bolts that attach the handle bars to the handgrip, that is from the inside outward. I bought the bike with Ilium risers, but I didn't get the original bolts and now I can't remove them. Does anyone have a pair?
Murchadh
United States of America

Re: Need handlebar to handgrip bolts

Post by Murchadh »

Got them in Ace Hardware! That was unexpected. Thanks for the help guy .
ICE

Post by ICE »

Hi Murchadh,
Were they the M8X30 like in the 2007? It is obvious from the image that David. posted and several videos online on installation of the extenders that it is a 8mm Socket Head Screw Cap.
The only thing that needed ruling out would have been the length. Just by eyeball'ing it, the 3cm looks about right - as well as looking at the center unit that the bars mount into.
These bolts aren't on oddity. I can find them in every hardware store around where I live, and many auto parts stores, as well.
In any case, I'm glad that you were able to remedy the situation. Unfortunately, I think my local parts guy must be on holiday. Maybe I'll find some time and extract a bolt from my 2018 for confirmation and get back here to confirm.
Last edited by ICE on Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Murchadh wrote:Got them in Ace Hardware.
For future reference, what size were they, thank you.