Coronavirus

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
davef1uk

Re: Coronavirus

Post by davef1uk »

B787MECH wrote: Black humour is hilarious until it happens to you so don’t expect any sympathy.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are all dealing with this our own way.. and because someone cracks a joke, doesn't mean he or she doesn't sympathise.. albeit you have made your point very clear you won't sympathise if he gets  it!!  we are all sorry for anyone who has had this virus, and what type of human beings would we be if we didn't.??  But wit hall the negative and stress of this, and orders to stay at home, its not hard to accept some humour will be given.

again, sorry for your brother in law...
Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜
MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

Davef1uk wrote:
We are all dealing with this our own way.. and because someone cracks a joke, doesn't mean he or she doesn't sympathise.. albeit you have made your point very clear you won't sympathise if he gets  it!!  we are all sorry for anyone who has had this virus, and what type of human beings would we be if we didn't.??  But wit hall the negative and stress of this, and orders to stay at home, its not hard to accept some humour will be given.

again, sorry for your brother in law...

I have to agree, humour is a coping mechanism.

I wish your brother in law a speedy recovery from an illness which is going to have some sort of impact on all of us.
Last edited by MikeS on Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

B787MECH wrote: Hmm....not funny. My brother-law-law has just been released from intensive care in France having caught coronavirus despite social distancing ( he caught it after some firewood was delivered to his house) and is amazed how so many In the UK still can’t grasp how serious the situation is. Black humour is hilarious until it happens to you so don’t expect any sympathy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish your brother-in-law a full and speedy recovery (in reality) 👍 I won't expect any sympathy when I die from an Internet forum either.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

simbo wrote: ..... I won't expect any sympathy when I die from an Internet forum either.
WHAT ? ?  -  you can die from an Internet forum  ? ?  :wonder:    :vader:
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
davef1uk

Post by davef1uk »

gogs01 wrote: WHAT ? ?  -  you can die from an Internet forum  ? ?  :wonder:    :vader:
. YES.  Dont you follow the news of social media  bullying causing suicides??
Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜
gogs01

Post by gogs01 »

Davef1uk wrote: . YES.  Dont you follow the news of social media  bullying causing suicides??

No - I'm antisocial about social media .....  ;D
My 4th R1200RT = 2016 (2017 MY) R1200RT LE
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Yesterday, at Tesco (a large supermarket),  social distancing was seen to be being observed. Staff members were stationed outside controlling the number of people in the store at any one time. This resulted in a queue of people snaking in to the car park outside, whilst keeping their distance from each other.

The same can't be said of a small local Co-op store. No control, no social distancing, no thought from other members of the public, couldn't wait to get out quick enough.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Was expecting a delivery today. Out of the bedroom window, I saw the van arrive. Made verbal contact with the driver, he left the parcel outside the front door. Asked my name and he signed the handheld device himself. He said that is all they were allowed to do, I thanked him. Makes sense to me.

I was in two minds whether I should order stuff which might be considered as "non-essential". Thus putting others at risk unnecessarily on my behalf.
Last edited by David. on Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

Had to go out for my in laws medicine today , our local surgery has fully adhered to the current situation , i let them know i was coming and i was sanitized before and after accepting her medicine (she is 98 !!!! once again the NHS is handling the situation fantastically in this current climate , i have never ever criticised the NHS having worked around the world i fully appreciate what a great system it is !!!! ^-^
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: Was expecting a delivery today. Out of the bedroom window, I saw the van arrive. Made verbal contact with the driver, he left the parcel outside the front door. Asked my name and he signed the handheld device himself. He said that is all they were allowed to do, I thanked him. Makes sense to me.

I was in two minds whether I should order stuff which might be considered as "non-essential". Thus putting others at risk unnecessarily on my behalf.

I hope you wore your gloves when you handled that non essential fuel stabilizer package & contents.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Has anyone seen details of the 2020 BAND OF BLUE Thank You Ride for the NHS on FB etc. in their area.

Once we get the "all clear" to go out again, who's taking part locally.
Last edited by David. on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Respect all the key workers and everything they are doing wholeheartedly but i would not join this ride. It will be a slow phased return to normality and what i gather plan for ride would be to soon. Also to many rusty and inexperienced riders on mass not where I want to be. If in a year's time would reconsider
jackronner
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Re: Coronavirus and masks

Post by jackronner »

Here's something I posted on FB Sunday night since no on was really talking about it.  Yesterday T-Rump was all over it, leading me to believe that he's cyber-surveilling me.

[size=14px]What they don't say about the usefulness of civilian masks: All the news is about their protection of the wearer; what filtration level and efficacy in prevention of inhaling pathogens, etc. All defense but no offense. But it's the EXhaling that's also important. They scoff and wink at bandanas and painter's masks, but even these rudimentary measures prevent YOU from spewing the virus from your own mouth onto others. It also has the salutary effect of preventing the impossible: touching your mouth and nose, which can both infect you and then others when you rub your sick nose and squeeze an orange at the store. I wanna see a world full of Jesse James's out there!!  The usual "Stay safe" between riders means so much more nowadays.[/size]
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

It's going to be "wall to wall" sunshine & "Scorchio" on Sunday, best day of the year so far and my bike will be in the garage, very depressing.

Perhaps we should write to Boris claiming we need to go out on our bikes for the benefit of our mental health.
Last edited by David. on Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

You are allowed to use it to buy essential shopping or medicines.