Coronavirus

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
STeinar

Re: Coronavirus

Post by STeinar »

David. wrote: At very short notice, on the evening before the event, the NM's riding group of six increased to seven. Likewise, it was unknown until the day of the race whether or not an eighth member would be joining us for an hour at lunchtime, not riding with us.

On Friday & Saturday evenings (12), two members headed out for a meal elsewhere. By default, the remaining 10 were generally split up between the smokers & non-smokers, social distancing was well maintained.

For the Saturday ride out, the 12 were split into two groups of six. The groups rode in opposite directions and did not meet up during the day.

It is now 9 days since returning home from Peterborough. I trust that non of the attendees have shown any Covid symptoms which could have been attributed to the RT meet.

At the end of the day, an event took place whilst best trying to comply with the guidelines for the benefit of all concerned. Perhaps the best thing I could have done is not attend myself.

Hello there - I do's see you have done anything wrong here .
Everyone - everyone - should think themselves - and do after that - It's about riding - speeding - living etc etc
You have made a trip for everyone - but that is not the same as you should think for everyone !!
I have organised so many tours myself up through the years - and this is what I have been thinking and sayed to everyone in the groupe .
Good job done - be happy :-)

STeinar

MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

David. wrote:

At the end of the day, an event took place whilst best trying to comply with the guidelines for the benefit of all concerned. Perhaps the best thing I could have done is not attend myself.

David, I agree with what has already been said. Everybody that attended is an adult and made their own decision regarding the potential (small) risks of meeting up and how the guidelines were being followed.  It's sounds like you are giving yourself too hard a time over this.

David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

One suggestion which only filtered through to me after the weekend was that we should have all ridden together as a group of 12 on the Saturday.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

I feel absolutely fine since getting back, a bit of a sore throat, dry cough and a temperature, but I'm not letting it get in the way of me enjoying life. 👍
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I'm not showing any symptoms myself, another 5 days of self-isolation, then should be good to go out again.
MikeS
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

simbo wrote: I feel absolutely fine since getting back, a bit of a sore throat, dry cough and a temperature, but I'm not letting it get in the way of me enjoying life. 👍

Thanks for that. Track and trace have been in contact. Peterborough's now in lockdown, the Premier Inn has been burnt to the ground by enraged locals (OAPs that frequented the local garden centre but nasty buggers if you cross them).
Last edited by MikeS on Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: I'm not showing any symptoms myself, another 5 days of self-isolation, then should be good to go out again.

Your "self isolation" seems to be very flexible? You led a trio of IAM bods on a 150 mile ride on your 650 at the weekend according to your post in the "what did you do today" thread.

[size=78%]Stop being such a 🔔 🔚[/size]
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

simbo wrote:You led a trio of IAM bods on a 150 mile ride on your 650 at the weekend according to your post in the "what did you do today" thread.
No photos, didn't happen!
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

MikeS wrote:
Thanks for that. Track and trace have been in contact. Peterborough's now in lockdown, the Premier Inn has been burnt to the ground by enraged locals (OAPs that frequented the local garden centre but nasty buggers if you cross them).

They should have torched the garden centre instead, the eggs on the gardeners breakfast were absolutely horrific! And the social distancing path to get out of the place was about 4 miles long 😬 they did have a nice selection of pelargonium's though 👍
davef1uk

Post by davef1uk »

Shouldn't of gone!  Pointless!  Retarded!
Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

Davef1uk wrote: Shouldn't of gone!  Pointless!  Retarded!
your putting yourself down again DaveF1, you have me and Simbo to do that for you
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Covid-19 & Spain  :)  I'm booked on a Brittany Ferries crossing on the 25th of August with a return crossing on the 3rd of September. I've got three nights booked in Potes to explore the Picos then I'm off for a night in Ainsa before spending a few days exploring the Pyrenees. Any recommendations on places to stay in or around the Pyrenees? I'd like to stay in Spain for the duration of the trip, although I don't mind nipping over the border into France here and there whist out riding.. Upon my return in the UK on Friday I'll book a covid test for the Saturday which will hopefully be "negative" for a return to work on the Tuesday. Again,any recommendations for for hotels /towns to stay in?

Ps.I'll have a Covid-19 test before leaving work and travelling.

Attachments
20200810_185606.jpg
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

San Sebastián was a great town to visit along that top coast towards France and with easy reach of the ferry ports ... but can’t remember the hotel 🙂
Easyrider5258
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Easyrider5258 »

simbo wrote: Covid-19 & Spain  :)  I'm booked on a Brittany Ferries crossing on the 25th of August with a return crossing on the 3rd of September. I've got three nights booked in Potes to explore the Picos then I'm off for a night in Ainsa before spending a few days exploring the Pyrenees. Any recommendations on places to stay in or around the Pyrenees? I'd like to stay in Spain for the duration of the trip, although I don't mind nipping over the border into France here and there whist out riding.. Upon my return in the UK on Friday I'll book a covid test for the Saturday which will hopefully be "negative" for a return to work on the Tuesday. Again,any recommendations for for hotels /towns to stay in?

I doing similar, out 6th Sept, 7 nights Hotel del Oso near Potes, over to https://hotelarnal.com/ in the the Spanish Pyrenees which might suit you in you search for accommodation in the Pyrenees, Haven't stayed before  but good reviews, underground garage for bikes, Finally over to Bilbao for a city break and the Guggenheim museum and old quarter, back on 23rd September

Be interested how you find it out there
Last edited by Easyrider5258 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
East Anglia (Fenland)
MikeS
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

simbo wrote: Covid-19 & Spain  :)  I'm booked on a Brittany Ferries crossing on the 25th of August with a return crossing on the 3rd of September. I've got three nights booked in Potes to explore the Picos then I'm off for a night in Ainsa before spending a few days exploring the Pyrenees. Any recommendations on places to stay in or around the Pyrenees? I'd like to stay in Spain for the duration of the trip, although I don't mind nipping over the border into France here and there whist out riding.. Upon my return in the UK on Friday I'll book a covid test for the Saturday which will hopefully be "negative" for a return to work on the Tuesday. Again,any recommendations for for hotels /towns to stay in?

Stayed in Ainsa last year , average accomodation but good food. Secure parking round the back of the hotel.[attachimg=1]
Attachments
IMG_20190518_074740551.jpg
IMG_20190517_150854336_HDR.jpg
Last edited by MikeS on Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.