Coronavirus

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Re: Coronavirus

Post by David. »

simbo wrote:Any recommendations for for hotels/towns to stay in?
Did a similar trip in 2014, some Garmin BaseCamp route are available if of any interest to you.

Hostal la Font in Os de Civis.

Hotel y Aparthotel Dos Rios in Ainsa

Hotel Artexe in Bilbao is handy if getting a morning ferry back to the UK.
Last edited by David. on Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Thanks for the recommendations and routes (David I'll load them on my nav) 👍 San Sabastian looks good DC, I'll probably book a night there and have a lazy day before my 3:30pm crossing home 👍 Easyrider5258, I'll keep you updated, I've heard it's pretty quiet and a pleasure to ride a motorbike at the moment due to the lack of usual traffic 😊 as for the rest? I'm just going to follow the front of the bike and see what's available on booking.com..
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Will you need to self isolate on in France and on return?
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

How are you, your family & friends coping with the current Covid-19 situation, I hope all is well.

When out on my bike, I've been very cautious in social settings. Generally, taking a picnic & eating outside rather than having to go into a café etc. Was out yesterday with a guy who's wife works at one of the local hospitals where the number of Covid related admissions has recently gone up significantly.

I'm now aware that since the schools & universities have gone back, cases locally have increased. A neighbour's son (not living at home) is at Teesside University in Middlesbrough, he's had it. Within our cul-de-sac of 10 houses, one school boy has been sent home to isolate for 14 days because his class mate was positive. Likewise, in another household, a lady is a teaching assistant, she is isolating at home for 14 days because some of her children at school were positive too.

It's certainly a timely reminder of the current situation.

FredD

Post by FredD »

Anyone found a Motorrad facemask for the R100RT? They have some on the K1600 Forum.