Coronavirus

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Re: Coronavirus

Post by DaveCly »

Na then Guys .... just had a good hour earlier catching up on this thread ... good to see your all still here, I don’t mean because of the virus 😁!
Seems like your all amusing yourself’s and abusing each other .. all good fun I’m sure 👍
It’s a crap time for us all, but if we all stay healthy, I can live with that.
I’m like Casbar and do the Blood bikes for NWBB-LL, and lucky to be getting my fix in that way 😁.... but possibly like Casbar seeing a little bit more of what’s going on .... and this shit is real !! .... Plenty of Corvid-19 samples being took for testing, but one job last week by one of our lads was taking body bags out 😩 !

On that cheery note I’ll bugger off 😂
Stay safe everybody 👍

Ps .... Simbo I put that last video up on my FB the other week and he was called a dick 😂 ... but who knows !!
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Hi Dave, hope you, the lovely Stella, all your family and friends are keeping safe & well.

The whole idea of this thread was to get a real handle on what's happening out there, not just what is reported by the media. Plus a means of keeping in contact with each other from a safe social distance. It's a very serious situation and occasionally, a little gentle humour helps to get through the day.

Seeing the comments about Blood Bikes made me look at our local group, Cleveland & North Yorkshire EVS. Haven't followed it up but the thought was there.
Last edited by David. on Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveCly
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

Hi David ... yes all ok here, thank you and hope you and Shirley are the same.
I’ve been doing the Blood bikes 2years next month and enjoy it, so I’d say look into it, however all recruitment and events etc are on hold at present because of the virus!

Stay safe
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

DaveCly wrote: Hi David ... yes all ok here, thank you and hope you and Shirley are the same.
I’ve been doing the Blood bikes 2years next month and enjoy it, so I’d say look into it, however all recruitment and events etc are on hold at present because of the virus!

Stay safe

Been a blood biker for 5 years, now on the Exec Committee, and look after fundraising. We used to do a booked daily service, but now we are 24hrs, on Thursday we did 18 jobs during the day, bizarrely our night time jobs are slacking off, guess because less routine hospital surgery. Before the crisis struck, we were struggling to fill our rota, now everyone wants to be on shift - funny that :)
DaveCly
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

Casbar wrote:
Been a blood biker for 5 years, now on the Exec Committee, and look after fundraising. We used to do a booked daily service, but now we are 24hrs, on Thursday we did 18 jobs during the day, bizarrely our night time jobs are slacking off, guess because less routine hospital surgery. Before the crisis struck, we were struggling to fill our rota, now everyone wants to be on shift - funny that :)

Hi Casbar ... Yes .. it’s the same on our rota no shifts available for about 5 weeks, suppose people have more time with the current situation 👍
We are only 24hours Friday and Saturday .. Sunday till Thursday is 7pm till 2am.
Difficult times for all charities at the moment, but I’m sure you’re aware of BP’s offer of free fuel to marked bikes during this time

Stay safe
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Just incase we're all dead in the near future?? The GS is a better bike when alls said an done 👍 😊
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
MikeS
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

simbo wrote: Just incase we're all dead in the near future?? The GS is a better bike when alls said an done 👍 😊

If you die before me can I have first dibs on your GS? Of course if its the other way round I'll leave a note with your name on with my RT.

Ps. Its due a service.

simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

MikeS wrote:
If you die before me can I have first dibs on your GS? Of course if its the other way round I'll leave a note with your name on with my RT.

Ps. Its due a service.

No! 😂 I feel the GS will be better for my children's survival in the times of a "Mad Max" situation.
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

On Friday 10th April 2020, appropriately named "Good Friday", the annual RT meet in July will be exactly 3 months away.
I'm trying to remain positive that we'll get some biking in this year, even if we have to delay the meet until later in the year.

Meanwhile, I'm doing my bit by staying at home in the hope that things will get better sooner rather than later. Today's Downing Street press conference was encouraging.
Apparently, at Tesco locally, everything was well mannered & managed with folks enjoying the sunshine whilst queuing in the car park observing the social distancing rules.

What's life like for you where you are at the moment.

Am I just being too optimistic, any thoughts on this one.
Last edited by David. on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeS
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

I've cancelled my Premier Inn booking. Not because I don't want to attend but the prices are coming down. If I rebooked this evening I'd save 30quid.
Fingers crossed it'll go ahead, once I get a feel for it I'll rebook.
Last edited by MikeS on Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Looking at the PI website for Peterborough (Hampton) hotel, https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels ... B&BRAND=PI they are taking bookings from 1st May 2020 onwards.

The Flex rate is currently £157, I booked the Flex rate in October 2019 at £158, for 2 nights, nothing paid upfront.

Rather than mess up the RT meet thread, perhaps any relevant discussions can take place within this thread until we know for definite what's happening.
Last edited by David. on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 38 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Im going to asses situation as it unfolds but would like to attend still. The original premier inn is now a lot cheaper. Just saying for anyone on budget as it's not far away.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

BoB21 wrote:The original premier inn is now a lot cheaper. Just saying for anyone on budget as it's not far away.
The original PI was going to be Peterborough (Ferry Meadows),  https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels ... B&BRAND=PI

Currently, the Flex rate for 2 nights is £137.

Davef1uk is booked in at the Dragonfly Hotel Peterborough, https://uk.hotels.com/ho174309/?q-check ... SX=0&SYE=3

£122 with Free Cancellation

All three hotels are within a 4 miles radius of each other.
Last edited by David. on Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Found this posted on a local motorcycle FB page, "Gonna bring the bike out of the garage and rev it up for NHS tonight".
DaveCly
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

I/we still intend to be there if possible, just waiting to see what the situation is, where is the majority staying ?