Coronavirus

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: Coronavirus

Post by David. »

Both my bikes are currently SORN'ed, by not going out last Sunday, saved myself a whole £7.58 in VED.

More importantly, I might have saved my own or someone else's life, can't put a price on that.
davef1uk

Post by davef1uk »

Well being self employed, I’m finding it harder each day.  All merchants closed, I can’t get materials, got a kitchen booked in for Monday that was ordered and paid for 2 months ago, same with a bathroom job, that’s booked in 2 weeks later. 

It’s frustrating.  Very very annoyed at the Government to announce at 8:30pm last night, all unessential  shops must close...why not give a day and date to give us time to either finish off jobs and get materials to finish off jobs at least..pricks!!!

So yes, I agree, we must do our part in stopping spreading the virus..  but as long as supermarkets are open, I just find it hypocritical. 

Tell me the difference... I walked into my Sainsbury’s tonight on my way home from work, must be 40 staff members, and around 200 plus people walking around shopping.  My local timber merchants has 8 staff members and most 4 builders who come in , get stuff, and leave...and unlike Sainsbury’s, the builders were 30 feet apart...I saw Sainsbury’s  staff walking and working next to each other, I had a problem with my scanner, the girl just leaned right in front of me..so much for 2 metres .... bollocks ...

We should shut the supermarkets and click collect only..otherwise what’s the point closing other businesses.  Fucked up Government. 

NHS isn’t our fault!!! It’s again the Governments...how many years now have the NHS called for more beds, more doctors, more nurses, more money, and this and past Government's have ignored...nurses leaving, doctors leaving... then all of a sudden, the Government can find 360 billion for businesses.  Lies and bollocks.

Protect our NHS and don’t stress the NHS...what hypocrites.  Easy for people who are on 500.000 a year, MPs with grossly overpaid earning...to sit and tell us all to follow the “ stay at home “...they can afford too.  Pricks

Have thought for the millions of self employed who get fuck all!!! Get it sorted before blaming the nation or bikers for being selfish...sorry, rant over !!!  Lol. 

Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: More importantly, I might have saved my own or someone else's life, can't put a price on that.

And if there was a 'price on that'? It's guaranteed You'd have took out an insured warranty on it! 😂
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I feel for those who are self-employed, it's a rather messy situation to be in.

On another subject, does your travel insurance cover cancellations due to Coronavirus.

Currently I only have two UK trips planned so far this year. A four night stay in Scotland for the end of May and two nights in Peterborough for the RT annual meet in July.
Haven't paid anything up front, so no problems if either or both are cancelled.
Last edited by David. on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davef1uk

Post by davef1uk »

David. wrote: I feel for those who are self-employed, it's a rather messy situation to be in.

On another subject, does your travel insurance cover cancellations due to Coronavirus.

Currently I only have two UK trips planned so far this year. A four night stay in Scotland for the end of May and two nights in Peterborough for the RT annual meet in July.
Haven't paid anything up front, so no problems if either or both are cancelled.

I think David, in the current situation " Stay at home " policy and law as the police are now given powers to enforce it... they have no choice to refund..as its out of our hands... so they will have no choice to refund.
Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Post by 7vwh »

I’ve spent the day painting the garage floor and then replacing the rubber matting.
I retired in the new year and have been setting up my business as an advanced car/bike trainer ready for the spring which has sadly fallen flat.
Gardening tomorrow! Stay safe folks 👍
Attachments
5029766A-DF7F-4CB2-A0BF-5113518DAAC6.jpg
Easyrider5258
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Easyrider5258 »

Plenty of time on my hands, there you go  :)
Attachments
5029766A-DF7F-4CB2-A0BF-5113518DAAC6.jpg
East Anglia (Fenland)
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I know someone who had a trip to Scotland planned for April. The hotel have cancelled the booking but not offered a refund, only a credit for a future booking.
He is challenging it and asking for a refund, has no travel insurance.

On a positive note, looks like folks are taking advantage of the time available to them to catch up on chores etc.
Last edited by David. on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
jackronner
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
United States of America

Post by jackronner »

From what I've been reading here, it seems like wives must be handing over a lot of 'honey-do" lists around the house.  And what excuse do we have?  I'm too busy darling? 
Easyrider5258
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Easyrider5258 »

My biking year been curtailed, planned 3 week tour of Scotland's west coast and Yorkshire park starting 03 May cancelled, I'm a keen aviation photographer and all shows off, ticket refunds will happen, planned trip to Picos on Brittany ferries to Santander in early Sept hopefully can go ahead, we will see, got to pay balance in June so will decide then

Got 2 nice bikes laid up at present, I suppose I could use alternatively to get my weekly essential supplies and collect repeat medications ?[size=36px]
East Anglia (Fenland)
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Well, how are you getting on with CV today.

We got an unexpected delivery of milk, bread and most importantly 2 chocolate fudge cupcakes left outside the back door by a neighbour.

In return, another neighbour emailed me something she wanted printing, I duly obliged.
The paper was left outside by the back door whilst we were in the garden. We did have some communication but from well over 2m apart.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

It was rather moving last night (Thursday 26th) at 8pm when neighbours stood at their front doors or lent out of the windows to applaud the NHS staff and other care workers.

Kind of brings the current situation home to you, whilst maintaining a positive community spirit too.

Just checked on my 85 year old mother-in-law by phone, she is doing ok and a neighbour has taken her some milk, meaning we don't have to go out.
Last edited by David. on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Be interest to hear if people still think this is all an overreaction.
MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

Casbar wrote: Be interest to hear if people still think this is all an overreaction.

I've trained 60 people within our department in donning level 2 PPE (visor, FFP3 mask, gown and double gloves) over the last 3 days.

None of them thought it was an overreaction.
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Won't be able to hear from those who have died from the virus.