Liquid stains behind display screen

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
gadgetgaz
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Liquid stains behind display screen

Post by gadgetgaz »

Has anyone seen this behind their screen?
It is not really a problem since I can hardly see it in normal use but if you catch the light just right it it's obvious. It looks like condensation has formed at some time in the past inside the glass and left marks behind. I must stress it is not this visible in normal use. I presume it is not an easy job to take apart the glass and clean behind it?

2023 R1205RT LE Sport Blue. Retired motorcycle cop now IT consultant and RoSPA RoADAR examiner.
7vwh
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2014
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 33 times
Great Britain

Re: Liquid stains behind display screen

Post by 7vwh »

I got my RT new in September 2014 and it had ‘condensation’ marks behind the display. At the time some folks managed to get them replaced under warranty but I just rode the bike and got used to it.

To be fair yours looks quite bad! I’ll post a pic of mine tomorrow for comparison.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

gadgetgaz wrote:Has anyone seen this behind their screen?
When viewing the full "Forum" page, entering "condensation" in the search box at the top right-hand corner of the page throws up a couple of threads with owners experiencing similar problems.
Last edited by David. on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
gadgetgaz
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by gadgetgaz »

Found them thanks. Now I know what it is I can decide what to do about it. Cheers.
2023 R1205RT LE Sport Blue. Retired motorcycle cop now IT consultant and RoSPA RoADAR examiner.