Wunderlich Luggage Crash Bars on Low Suspension RT

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
bicyclenut
Bike Model and Year: 2010 R1200RT
United States of America

Wunderlich Luggage Crash Bars on Low Suspension RT

Post by bicyclenut »

Wunderlich says Rear Luggage Crash bars will not fit a low suspension 2010-2013 RT as the mount "may" contact the swingarm at full compression. Does anyone have experience with this? Based upon the instructions and all I have seen, I am not sure how likely this is or if there are any modifications that would prevent this. These crashbars for rear luggage seem to be copied by many of the Chinese versions on eBay and not sure if I ever saw a mention of this. Only thing I see might be if the bolts for front mount reaching too far in on driveshaft side and possibly touching if spring is fully compressed but Ive not seen any other brand warning of this.
"Please Note: Not for Low Suspension Models! Why? The Paralever strut of the rear suspension may contact the inner mounting point of the protection bar under full suspension compression" is what website says