Sena 50 series available later this month

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
gadgetgaz
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Sena 50 series available later this month

Post by gadgetgaz »

Sena have set a release date for the 50 series intercoms as "late April 2020". I will consider one of these as it promises "OK Google" and "Hey Siri" hotwords. Of course this will likely break your R1200RT radio setup because, presumably, you'll need to pair the headset directly to the phone for it to work.
The user manual is available HERE. It seems audio multitasking is back after it was left out of the 30 series I think.
2023 R1205RT LE Sport Blue. Retired motorcycle cop now IT consultant and RoSPA RoADAR examiner.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Sena 50 series available later this month

Post by Casbar »

gadgetgaz wrote: Sena have set a release date for the 50 series intercoms as "late April 2020". I will consider one of these as it promises "OK Google" and "Hey Siri" hotwords. Of course this will likely break your R1200RT radio setup because, presumably, you'll need to pair the headset directly to the phone for it to work.
The user manual is available HERE. It seems audio multitasking is back after it was left out of the 30 series I think.

Hope their quality control is better than their last release - 20 series. It was buggy and loads of units returned. That is when I went to Cardo. My Packtalk has had siri and google for a year or more. Not that I use it though :)
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: Sena 50 series available later this month

Post by beemerboy9 »

Casbar wrote:
Hope their quality control is better than their last release - 20 series. It was buggy and loads of units returned. That is when I went to Cardo. My Packtalk has had siri and google for a year or more. Not that I use it though :)

It seems to me that Cardo (designed, I think, by Israelis) is the innovator in this field and that Sena are the oriental copycats. Sometimes they improve on the Cardo designs and sometimes not.
John Bentall