Cardo SHO-1 should I ?

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Rider1260

Cardo SHO-1 should I ?

Post by Rider1260 »

I know this is an older model system but I do really like how it fits on the helmet and it can be had for a really low price, in your opinion what am I missing out on going this route.
I have never even listened to music before owning the RT at the moment I am just using wired earplugs to hear music and directions from my Garmin 395 that is synced to my phone.
So at the moment I do not have any phone ability by I am fine with that.
This would be more for future intercom ( with wife ) needs and not being " wired " to the bike.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XS6VBXQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2TG26XCMVGECM&psc=1
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: Cardo SHO-1 should I ?

Post by beemerboy9 »

For your needs, I don't think you will go far wrong at that price.

I lost a heated argument with another rider, who maintained that plugging the the units into the wall to recharge them required an altogether a different sort of wire. This enabled him to be altogether "free of wires".

When I look at the compactness of these modern units (and I do own a pair), I really do wonder why I persist with birds-nest of wiring associated with the old-fashioned wired systems. I think I like the fit and forget aspect - and over a 20-year period I have grown accustomed to the wires.
John Bentall